"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
- 2:59:54, Feb 27th 2015 - BIG ISSUE - One big issue is the terrible internet and cable - There are many people ... [Read More]
- 2:26:10, Feb 27th 2015 - Public Information - Anyone know who the city attorney is for Peterson? ... [Read More]
- 7:18:47, Feb 27th 2015 - WhaT@JoKE - Happy to see i am not the only one that sees the Bully in Fountain farmer ... [Read More]
- 6:51:38, Feb 27th 2015 - OH WOW - Fountain farmer there u go again trying to start a fight. U know there is fr ... [Read More]
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Oct 11th, 2002
Posted in Letter to the Editor
Posted in Letter to the Editor
Dr. Robert Bowman, Lt. Col. USAF, ret. flew 101 combat missions in Vietnam and directed all the "Star Wars" programs under Presidents Ford and Carter. His Ph.D. is in Aeronautics and Nuclear Engineering from Caltech. He is the recipient of the Society of American Military Engineers Gold Medal, the Eisenhower Medal and dozens of other awards and honors. An executive in industry, he is active in professional societies and has chaired eight international conferences.
Dr. Bowman says: "We are not hated because we practice democracy, freedom and human rights." He points out people in Canada enjoy democracy, freedom and human rights as do the people of Norway and Sweden and their embassies are not bombed. Bowman declares: "We are hated because our government denies these things to people in Third World countries whose resources are coveted by our multinational corporations." Bowman says: "Time after time we have ousted leaders who wanted the riches of the land to be shared by the people who worked it. We replaced them with murderous tyrants who would sell out their own people so the wealth of the land could be taken out by the likes of Domino Sugar, the United Fruit Company." He says the most effective way to protect against terrorism is to "change our ways." "Instead of sending our sons and daughters around the world to kill Arabs so oil companies can sell the oil under their sand, we send them to supply clean water and feed starving children." Bowman observes: "If retaliation worked, Israelis would be the world's most secure people." Bob warns: "If deceptions about terrorism go unchallenged, then the threat will continue until it destroys us" - most likely our free and democratic society first. In a speech last October, Walter Cronkite inspired us to believe "we can influence whether our planet will drift into chaos and violence, or whether through a monumental education and political effort will achieve a world of peace under a system of law where individual violators of that law are brought to justice." Cronkite said "we must strengthen the United Nations as a first step toward world government patterned after our own government with legislature, executive and judiciary, and police to enforce its international laws and keep the peace." If Congress has not given the President authority to go to war against Iraq when this appears in the print, call your Representative and Senators and urge them to vote no to war authority so long as the UN has not had the time needed to make robust inspections to disarm Iraq. Robert Johnson Harmony, MN