"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Oct 11th, 2002
Posted in Letter to the Editor
Posted in Letter to the Editor
Kevin Kelleher is a good man. He is also a good father and husband…a decorated military veteran, and is a farmer and taxpayer himself who understands the many challenges facing us today. He has been a very capable, effective County Commissioner and I respect him both as an individual and also as a man. He is dedicated to our county, its people, and preserving our rural way of life. He gives countless hours to help on every level of need, and I have found him to be intelligent, approachable, and ready to listen.
It is not enough in today's world to limit the scope of county government to just our Houston area, for there are too many decisions being made on a state and national level that directly affect us. Over the years, as Commissioner, Kevin has established a valuable network…both on county and state levels…that allows him to be an effective leader on our behalf. He serves on state committees where he is in a position to address decisions that will affect our lives. His abilities are also recognized on a national level, as shown by his most recent appointment to the National Association of Counties' Agriculture and Rural Affairs Steering Committee. This is the ONLY national organization that represents counties in the US government and we are very fortunate the Kevin will be there, to speak for us. He is deeply committed to his job and the many responsibilities it carries, and works hard to maintain and improve the quality of life for the people of our county. His experience, effective leadership and continued commitment to Houston County make him the logical choice for re-election as our County Commissioner. And as is said, if it "ain't broke, don't fix it!" Sincerely, Gary Wilson Houston, MN