"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Oct 11th, 2002
Posted in Letter to the Editor
Posted in Letter to the Editor
Kevin Kelleher is a good man. He is also a good father and husband…a decorated military veteran, and is a farmer and taxpayer himself who understands the many challenges facing us today. He has been a very capable, effective County Commissioner and I respect him both as an individual and also as a man. He is dedicated to our county, its people, and preserving our rural way of life. He gives countless hours to help on every level of need, and I have found him to be intelligent, approachable, and ready to listen.
It is not enough in today's world to limit the scope of county government to just our Houston area, for there are too many decisions being made on a state and national level that directly affect us. Over the years, as Commissioner, Kevin has established a valuable network…both on county and state levels…that allows him to be an effective leader on our behalf. He serves on state committees where he is in a position to address decisions that will affect our lives. His abilities are also recognized on a national level, as shown by his most recent appointment to the National Association of Counties' Agriculture and Rural Affairs Steering Committee. This is the ONLY national organization that represents counties in the US government and we are very fortunate the Kevin will be there, to speak for us. He is deeply committed to his job and the many responsibilities it carries, and works hard to maintain and improve the quality of life for the people of our county. His experience, effective leadership and continued commitment to Houston County make him the logical choice for re-election as our County Commissioner. And as is said, if it "ain't broke, don't fix it!" Sincerely, Gary Wilson Houston, MN