"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Tue, Oct 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald K. Lind, 74, of Rushford, died Sept 29, 2002, at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in LaCrosse, Wis.
Donald was born on May 7, 1928, in Mabel, Minn. to Percy and Inga (Housker) Lind. He was raised in Mabel and was a 1946 graduate of Mabel High School. Donald worked at his parents business, Linds Meat Market, until entering the service. He served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean Conflict from 1950 to 1954. On August 3, 1958, he married Anita Schroeder in Mabel. Donald farmed in the Mabel area until 1966, when he and Anita moved to the Highland Prairie area. Donald and Anita lived on the farm until moving to Rushford in 1995. He remained active on the farm until the time of his death. Donald was a member of the Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson, a 50 year member of the Mabel American Legion, and was a member of the Minnesota and American Polled Hereford Association. His interests included showing his Hereford cattle, following, his grandchildrens sporting events, and his dog, Ginger. Donald is survived by his wife Anita; five children: Kari (Randy) Drinkall of Rushford, Susie Lind of Rushford, Doug (Becky) Lind of Rushford, Dave (Karla) Lind of Rushford, and Dan (Erika) Lind of Peterson, Minn.; 19 grandchildren; and one brother Milton (Florence) Lind of Scottsdale, Ariz. Donald was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers. The funeral service was Oct. 2, 2002 at Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.