"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Tue, Oct 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald K. Lind, 74, of Rushford, died Sept 29, 2002, at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in LaCrosse, Wis.
Donald was born on May 7, 1928, in Mabel, Minn. to Percy and Inga (Housker) Lind. He was raised in Mabel and was a 1946 graduate of Mabel High School. Donald worked at his parents business, Linds Meat Market, until entering the service. He served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean Conflict from 1950 to 1954. On August 3, 1958, he married Anita Schroeder in Mabel. Donald farmed in the Mabel area until 1966, when he and Anita moved to the Highland Prairie area. Donald and Anita lived on the farm until moving to Rushford in 1995. He remained active on the farm until the time of his death. Donald was a member of the Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson, a 50 year member of the Mabel American Legion, and was a member of the Minnesota and American Polled Hereford Association. His interests included showing his Hereford cattle, following, his grandchildrens sporting events, and his dog, Ginger. Donald is survived by his wife Anita; five children: Kari (Randy) Drinkall of Rushford, Susie Lind of Rushford, Doug (Becky) Lind of Rushford, Dave (Karla) Lind of Rushford, and Dan (Erika) Lind of Peterson, Minn.; 19 grandchildren; and one brother Milton (Florence) Lind of Scottsdale, Ariz. Donald was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers. The funeral service was Oct. 2, 2002 at Highland Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Peterson with the Rev. Wade Davick officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.