"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
- 1:46:02, Jan 25th 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever and neighbor, what do you think you're trying to accomplish ... [Read More]
- 1:45:40, Jan 24th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - Or MAYBE people should accept the fact that you can't always win ... [Read More]
- 11:30:37, Jan 24th 2015 - neighbor - Fountainfarmer....residents of this street have taken it to the city coun ... [Read More]
- 2:04:25, Jan 23rd 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever seems like the type of person who will rant and rave on new ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dwaine G. Spelhaug, 82, of Chatfield, a retired bank vice president, died Oct. 13, 2002 in Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since November 1998.
Born Dec. 4, 1919, in Fountain, he moved to Chatfield in 1926 and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1938. From 1942 to 1946 he served with the Army's 524th engineering company stationed in northern Europe and the South Pacific. He was a bank examiner for the FDIC in Nebraska, North Dakota and Minnesota from 1946 to 1958. In 1959 he began working at Root River State Bank in Chatfield and retired as a vice president in 1986. On Oct. 11, 1948, he married Helene Bailey in Chatfield. Mr. Spelhaug served as treasurer of the city of Chatfield, the Salvation Army, Chatfield Cemetery and Chatfield Lutheran Church. He was a a member of the Chatfield American Legion, a past president of the Chatfield PTA, had a lifelong interest in education and enjoyed gardening. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Robert (Nicole) of Rochester, Dr. Donald of Phoenix, Ariz., and James (Julie) of Bettendorf, Iowa; four daughters, Ann (Vincent) Arnold of Dodge Center, Jean (David) Haugo of Decorah, Iowa, Patrice (Bryan) Stanek of Irvine, Calif., and Sue (Rick) Poinsett of San Diego, Calif.; 19 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Doris (Donald) Weber of Mason City, Iowa. The funeral for Dwaine G. Spelhaug was Oct. 17, 2002 at Chatfield Lutheran Church, the Rev. Eric Finsand officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Chatfield American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.