"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:25:55, Aug 3rd 2015 - kim wentworth - couple of thoughts briefly-1) the point of where someone originates fr ... [Read More]
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dwaine G. Spelhaug, 82, of Chatfield, a retired bank vice president, died Oct. 13, 2002 in Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since November 1998.
Born Dec. 4, 1919, in Fountain, he moved to Chatfield in 1926 and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1938. From 1942 to 1946 he served with the Army's 524th engineering company stationed in northern Europe and the South Pacific. He was a bank examiner for the FDIC in Nebraska, North Dakota and Minnesota from 1946 to 1958. In 1959 he began working at Root River State Bank in Chatfield and retired as a vice president in 1986. On Oct. 11, 1948, he married Helene Bailey in Chatfield. Mr. Spelhaug served as treasurer of the city of Chatfield, the Salvation Army, Chatfield Cemetery and Chatfield Lutheran Church. He was a a member of the Chatfield American Legion, a past president of the Chatfield PTA, had a lifelong interest in education and enjoyed gardening. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Robert (Nicole) of Rochester, Dr. Donald of Phoenix, Ariz., and James (Julie) of Bettendorf, Iowa; four daughters, Ann (Vincent) Arnold of Dodge Center, Jean (David) Haugo of Decorah, Iowa, Patrice (Bryan) Stanek of Irvine, Calif., and Sue (Rick) Poinsett of San Diego, Calif.; 19 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Doris (Donald) Weber of Mason City, Iowa. The funeral for Dwaine G. Spelhaug was Oct. 17, 2002 at Chatfield Lutheran Church, the Rev. Eric Finsand officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Chatfield American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.