"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dwaine G. Spelhaug, 82, of Chatfield, a retired bank vice president, died Oct. 13, 2002 in Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since November 1998.
Born Dec. 4, 1919, in Fountain, he moved to Chatfield in 1926 and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1938. From 1942 to 1946 he served with the Army's 524th engineering company stationed in northern Europe and the South Pacific. He was a bank examiner for the FDIC in Nebraska, North Dakota and Minnesota from 1946 to 1958. In 1959 he began working at Root River State Bank in Chatfield and retired as a vice president in 1986. On Oct. 11, 1948, he married Helene Bailey in Chatfield. Mr. Spelhaug served as treasurer of the city of Chatfield, the Salvation Army, Chatfield Cemetery and Chatfield Lutheran Church. He was a a member of the Chatfield American Legion, a past president of the Chatfield PTA, had a lifelong interest in education and enjoyed gardening. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Robert (Nicole) of Rochester, Dr. Donald of Phoenix, Ariz., and James (Julie) of Bettendorf, Iowa; four daughters, Ann (Vincent) Arnold of Dodge Center, Jean (David) Haugo of Decorah, Iowa, Patrice (Bryan) Stanek of Irvine, Calif., and Sue (Rick) Poinsett of San Diego, Calif.; 19 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Doris (Donald) Weber of Mason City, Iowa. The funeral for Dwaine G. Spelhaug was Oct. 17, 2002 at Chatfield Lutheran Church, the Rev. Eric Finsand officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Chatfield American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.