"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dwaine G. Spelhaug, 82, of Chatfield, a retired bank vice president, died Oct. 13, 2002 in Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since November 1998.
Born Dec. 4, 1919, in Fountain, he moved to Chatfield in 1926 and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1938. From 1942 to 1946 he served with the Army's 524th engineering company stationed in northern Europe and the South Pacific. He was a bank examiner for the FDIC in Nebraska, North Dakota and Minnesota from 1946 to 1958. In 1959 he began working at Root River State Bank in Chatfield and retired as a vice president in 1986. On Oct. 11, 1948, he married Helene Bailey in Chatfield. Mr. Spelhaug served as treasurer of the city of Chatfield, the Salvation Army, Chatfield Cemetery and Chatfield Lutheran Church. He was a a member of the Chatfield American Legion, a past president of the Chatfield PTA, had a lifelong interest in education and enjoyed gardening. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Robert (Nicole) of Rochester, Dr. Donald of Phoenix, Ariz., and James (Julie) of Bettendorf, Iowa; four daughters, Ann (Vincent) Arnold of Dodge Center, Jean (David) Haugo of Decorah, Iowa, Patrice (Bryan) Stanek of Irvine, Calif., and Sue (Rick) Poinsett of San Diego, Calif.; 19 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Doris (Donald) Weber of Mason City, Iowa. The funeral for Dwaine G. Spelhaug was Oct. 17, 2002 at Chatfield Lutheran Church, the Rev. Eric Finsand officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Chatfield American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.