"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 25th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dwaine G. Spelhaug, 82, of Chatfield, a retired bank vice president, died Oct. 13, 2002 in Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since November 1998.
Born Dec. 4, 1919, in Fountain, he moved to Chatfield in 1926 and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1938. From 1942 to 1946 he served with the Army's 524th engineering company stationed in northern Europe and the South Pacific. He was a bank examiner for the FDIC in Nebraska, North Dakota and Minnesota from 1946 to 1958. In 1959 he began working at Root River State Bank in Chatfield and retired as a vice president in 1986. On Oct. 11, 1948, he married Helene Bailey in Chatfield. Mr. Spelhaug served as treasurer of the city of Chatfield, the Salvation Army, Chatfield Cemetery and Chatfield Lutheran Church. He was a a member of the Chatfield American Legion, a past president of the Chatfield PTA, had a lifelong interest in education and enjoyed gardening. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Robert (Nicole) of Rochester, Dr. Donald of Phoenix, Ariz., and James (Julie) of Bettendorf, Iowa; four daughters, Ann (Vincent) Arnold of Dodge Center, Jean (David) Haugo of Decorah, Iowa, Patrice (Bryan) Stanek of Irvine, Calif., and Sue (Rick) Poinsett of San Diego, Calif.; 19 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and a sister, Doris (Donald) Weber of Mason City, Iowa. The funeral for Dwaine G. Spelhaug was Oct. 17, 2002 at Chatfield Lutheran Church, the Rev. Eric Finsand officiating. Burial was in Chatfield Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Chatfield American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.