"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen, age 100, of Mabel, died Oct. 11, 2002 at home in the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
She was born Feb. 2, 1902, in Highlandville, Iowa to Gilbert and Joren (Traaen) Gjere. She attended the Highlandville school. On March 4, 1931 she married Alfred Losen in Locust, Iowa. They farmed in Hesper Township in Winneshiek County, Iowa, until 1981, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Alfred died in 1981. Mrs. Losen moved to Green Lea in 1997. She was a member of Hesper Lutheran Church and WELCA. She enjoyed growing flowers, playing the harmonica, crocheting, dancing and playing cards. She is survived by three sons, Glendon (Sandra) of Mason City, Iowa, Alton (Violette) of Mabel, and Larry (Susan) of Middleton, Wisc.; 12 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; two brothers Ted (Inez) Gjere of Decorah, Iowa and James (Florence) Gjere of Beloit, Wis.; and one sister Gladys Doering of Caledonia, Minn. She was preceded in death by a grandson, three sisters and four brothers. The funeral for Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen was Oct. 15, 2002 in Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa, with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.