"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
- 12:16:31, Mar 1st 2015 - Be honest - This is happening more and more in small towns. Attorney's are telling t ... [Read More]
- 10:52:21, Mar 1st 2015 - doc - Amen! BIG ISSUE ... [Read More]
- 10:13:47, Mar 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - As usual, Yvonne wants to treat the symptoms rather than address the caus ... [Read More]
- 10:07:03, Mar 1st 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen, age 100, of Mabel, died Oct. 11, 2002 at home in the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
She was born Feb. 2, 1902, in Highlandville, Iowa to Gilbert and Joren (Traaen) Gjere. She attended the Highlandville school. On March 4, 1931 she married Alfred Losen in Locust, Iowa. They farmed in Hesper Township in Winneshiek County, Iowa, until 1981, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Alfred died in 1981. Mrs. Losen moved to Green Lea in 1997. She was a member of Hesper Lutheran Church and WELCA. She enjoyed growing flowers, playing the harmonica, crocheting, dancing and playing cards. She is survived by three sons, Glendon (Sandra) of Mason City, Iowa, Alton (Violette) of Mabel, and Larry (Susan) of Middleton, Wisc.; 12 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; two brothers Ted (Inez) Gjere of Decorah, Iowa and James (Florence) Gjere of Beloit, Wis.; and one sister Gladys Doering of Caledonia, Minn. She was preceded in death by a grandson, three sisters and four brothers. The funeral for Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen was Oct. 15, 2002 in Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa, with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.