"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, June 18th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:10:46, Jun 13th 2013 - chipperlee - Seems to be a well written article, except maybe Silica Sand is used in ... [Read More]
- 12:02:15, Jun 9th 2013 - getthefacts - The problem here lies in the fact that girls were repeatedly told "if y ... [Read More]
- 10:45:32, Jun 7th 2013 - Jo mom for 6yrs - Mr. Ehler hit the nail on the head. I agree with the religious con ... [Read More]
- 2:47:58, Jun 7th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 9:06:21, Jun 6th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 2:05:29, Jun 6th 2013 - Kim Wentworth - The number one rule in a debate: 1) if the person from the opposite si ... [Read More]
- 12:42:18, Jun 4th 2013 - EW - For someone that is always spouting religious rhetoric, you try to come off as a ... [Read More]
- 11:32:18, May 31st 2013 - JO PLAYER - This is unfair to us girls. Morrie Miller is not getting canceled but J ... [Read More]
- 8:25:34, May 29th 2013 - RP - Why is Mr. Ehler involving himself with non-school activities? Is he going after ... [Read More]
- 6:40:49, May 29th 2013 - Doc - You are a cartoon character! If I see you in person I will burst out laughing. ... [Read More]
Do you think the use of all fireworks should be legal in the state of Minnesota for all consumers?
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen, age 100, of Mabel, died Oct. 11, 2002 at home in the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
She was born Feb. 2, 1902, in Highlandville, Iowa to Gilbert and Joren (Traaen) Gjere. She attended the Highlandville school. On March 4, 1931 she married Alfred Losen in Locust, Iowa. They farmed in Hesper Township in Winneshiek County, Iowa, until 1981, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Alfred died in 1981. Mrs. Losen moved to Green Lea in 1997. She was a member of Hesper Lutheran Church and WELCA. She enjoyed growing flowers, playing the harmonica, crocheting, dancing and playing cards. She is survived by three sons, Glendon (Sandra) of Mason City, Iowa, Alton (Violette) of Mabel, and Larry (Susan) of Middleton, Wisc.; 12 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; two brothers Ted (Inez) Gjere of Decorah, Iowa and James (Florence) Gjere of Beloit, Wis.; and one sister Gladys Doering of Caledonia, Minn. She was preceded in death by a grandson, three sisters and four brothers. The funeral for Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen was Oct. 15, 2002 in Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa, with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.