"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, May 1st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
- 5:53:10, Apr 28th 2016 - Semn - LOLZ, your the troll! ... [Read More]
- 10:18:05, Apr 27th 2016 - Paul - Not sure either party can say their system is perfect. Remember about throwin ... [Read More]
- 6:54:34, Apr 26th 2016 - Paul - Hawkeye, I've missed your out-of-touch "I'm right, you're wrong" rants. Glad ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen, age 100, of Mabel, died Oct. 11, 2002 at home in the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
She was born Feb. 2, 1902, in Highlandville, Iowa to Gilbert and Joren (Traaen) Gjere. She attended the Highlandville school. On March 4, 1931 she married Alfred Losen in Locust, Iowa. They farmed in Hesper Township in Winneshiek County, Iowa, until 1981, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Alfred died in 1981. Mrs. Losen moved to Green Lea in 1997. She was a member of Hesper Lutheran Church and WELCA. She enjoyed growing flowers, playing the harmonica, crocheting, dancing and playing cards. She is survived by three sons, Glendon (Sandra) of Mason City, Iowa, Alton (Violette) of Mabel, and Larry (Susan) of Middleton, Wisc.; 12 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; two brothers Ted (Inez) Gjere of Decorah, Iowa and James (Florence) Gjere of Beloit, Wis.; and one sister Gladys Doering of Caledonia, Minn. She was preceded in death by a grandson, three sisters and four brothers. The funeral for Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen was Oct. 15, 2002 in Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa, with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.