"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen, age 100, of Mabel, died Oct. 11, 2002 at home in the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
She was born Feb. 2, 1902, in Highlandville, Iowa to Gilbert and Joren (Traaen) Gjere. She attended the Highlandville school. On March 4, 1931 she married Alfred Losen in Locust, Iowa. They farmed in Hesper Township in Winneshiek County, Iowa, until 1981, when they retired and moved to Mabel. Alfred died in 1981. Mrs. Losen moved to Green Lea in 1997. She was a member of Hesper Lutheran Church and WELCA. She enjoyed growing flowers, playing the harmonica, crocheting, dancing and playing cards. She is survived by three sons, Glendon (Sandra) of Mason City, Iowa, Alton (Violette) of Mabel, and Larry (Susan) of Middleton, Wisc.; 12 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; two brothers Ted (Inez) Gjere of Decorah, Iowa and James (Florence) Gjere of Beloit, Wis.; and one sister Gladys Doering of Caledonia, Minn. She was preceded in death by a grandson, three sisters and four brothers. The funeral for Gyda J. (Gjere) Losen was Oct. 15, 2002 in Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa, with the Rev. Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.