"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
- 9:33:44, Oct 21st 2014 - Hi - The Newell school district has 108 kids 9-12 and 361 kids pre-k through 12. No ... [Read More]
- 8:51:06, Oct 21st 2014 - apples/oranges - How can you use the dollar figure from your remodel at Newell as a g ... [Read More]
- 8:39:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - So if the referrendum fails then what are your plans? Are we going to try to ... [Read More]
- 8:27:06, Oct 21st 2014 - rippedoffinNewell - Newell, SD school district residents spent 2.8 million on a parti ... [Read More]
- 7:34:24, Oct 21st 2014 - concerned - You do know that the school is on a state highway right now don't you? Ho ... [Read More]
- 8:58:54, Oct 20th 2014 - Joel Hovland - Why do kids need a new school? Answer, they don’t! For the past 6 ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Eleanor M. Sweet, 86, of Rushford, a longtime Rush Products employee, died Oct. 20, 2002 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Eleanor Marion Johns was born April 17, 1916, on the family farm in rural Rushford, grew up in the area and graduated from Rushford High School. On Sept. 30, 1935, she married Alfred M. Sweet in Caledonia and they lived in the Sheldon-Houston area. Mr. Sweet died in May 1974. Mrs. Sweet moved to Rushford in 1981. She enjoyed needlecraft, reading, gardening and walking. Survivors include a daughter, Idelle (Don) Eide of Edina, Minn.; two sons, Lansing (Linda) of Sterling, Alaska, and David (Deb) of Shakopee, Minn.; nine grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a sister, Ada (Warren) Peterson of Spring Valley; and a brother, Fred (Virginia) Arnold of Rushford. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a sister and five brothers. A graveside service was held Oct. 23, 2002 in Evergreen Cemetery in Caledonia. The Rev. Robert Drier of First Presbyterian Church in Rushford officiated. Hoff Funeral Home in Rushford was in charge of arrangements.