"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Eleanor M. Sweet, 86, of Rushford, a longtime Rush Products employee, died Oct. 20, 2002 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Eleanor Marion Johns was born April 17, 1916, on the family farm in rural Rushford, grew up in the area and graduated from Rushford High School. On Sept. 30, 1935, she married Alfred M. Sweet in Caledonia and they lived in the Sheldon-Houston area. Mr. Sweet died in May 1974. Mrs. Sweet moved to Rushford in 1981. She enjoyed needlecraft, reading, gardening and walking. Survivors include a daughter, Idelle (Don) Eide of Edina, Minn.; two sons, Lansing (Linda) of Sterling, Alaska, and David (Deb) of Shakopee, Minn.; nine grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a sister, Ada (Warren) Peterson of Spring Valley; and a brother, Fred (Virginia) Arnold of Rushford. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a sister and five brothers. A graveside service was held Oct. 23, 2002 in Evergreen Cemetery in Caledonia. The Rev. Robert Drier of First Presbyterian Church in Rushford officiated. Hoff Funeral Home in Rushford was in charge of arrangements.