"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Eleanor M. Sweet, 86, of Rushford, a longtime Rush Products employee, died Oct. 20, 2002 at Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford.
Eleanor Marion Johns was born April 17, 1916, on the family farm in rural Rushford, grew up in the area and graduated from Rushford High School. On Sept. 30, 1935, she married Alfred M. Sweet in Caledonia and they lived in the Sheldon-Houston area. Mr. Sweet died in May 1974. Mrs. Sweet moved to Rushford in 1981. She enjoyed needlecraft, reading, gardening and walking. Survivors include a daughter, Idelle (Don) Eide of Edina, Minn.; two sons, Lansing (Linda) of Sterling, Alaska, and David (Deb) of Shakopee, Minn.; nine grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a sister, Ada (Warren) Peterson of Spring Valley; and a brother, Fred (Virginia) Arnold of Rushford. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a sister and five brothers. A graveside service was held Oct. 23, 2002 in Evergreen Cemetery in Caledonia. The Rev. Robert Drier of First Presbyterian Church in Rushford officiated. Hoff Funeral Home in Rushford was in charge of arrangements.