"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 11th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:41:33, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV 85, I'm still waiting for a reply! Don't tell me you decided to take ... [Read More]
- 8:27:28, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Greetings Mark, I agree with much of your analysis, but to me it's reall ... [Read More]
- 11:49:51, Dec 9th 2016 - Mark Kottman - Conservative or liberal, both sides agree that some changes are needed ... [Read More]
- 6:43:37, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Jen, you really feel that way? Why? You must feel he accomplished somethi ... [Read More]
- 6:32:12, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, It is. I''ll reserve judjement and keep watching. ... [Read More]
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth D. Kvam, 72, of Spring Valley, former owner of Kvam Oil Co., died October 18, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
He was born May 16, 1930, in Prosper, MN to Orlando and Lillian (Baardsgaard) Kvam. He served in the Army and was stationed in Karlsruhe, Germany. On Aug. 25, 1951, he married Margareta Zinnecke in Karlsruhe. They moved to Spring Valley following his discharge from the Army in 1952. He was a mechanic at Lundby’s Garage and Hanna Mining Co., was a semi driver for Ruan Oil Co., from 1971 to 1985 owned and operated Kvam Oil Co., and then was a self-employed semi driver until his retirement in 1992. His wife died Oct. 25, 2000. Mr. Kvam was a member of the VFW and American Legion. He piloted his own plane for many years, and he enjoyed inventing and building model single pump and steam engines, camping and fishing. Survivors include a son, Rick (Arlette) of Spring Valley; two daughters, Kim (Raalen) Brown of Spring Valley and Krista (Jared) Firl of Rochester; 11 grandchildren; and a sister, Frances (Robert) Fischer of Stewartville. A funeral Mass was held Oct. 22, 2002 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.