"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, June 20th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:04, Jun 18th 2013 - cabraden1 - I salute you Colonel Overland. Your were my c.o. at Rockville Naval Air ... [Read More]
- 7:10:46, Jun 13th 2013 - chipperlee - Seems to be a well written article, except maybe Silica Sand is used in ... [Read More]
- 12:02:15, Jun 9th 2013 - getthefacts - The problem here lies in the fact that girls were repeatedly told "if y ... [Read More]
- 10:45:32, Jun 7th 2013 - Jo mom for 6yrs - Mr. Ehler hit the nail on the head. I agree with the religious con ... [Read More]
- 2:47:58, Jun 7th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 9:06:21, Jun 6th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 2:05:29, Jun 6th 2013 - Kim Wentworth - The number one rule in a debate: 1) if the person from the opposite si ... [Read More]
- 12:42:18, Jun 4th 2013 - EW - For someone that is always spouting religious rhetoric, you try to come off as a ... [Read More]
- 11:32:18, May 31st 2013 - JO PLAYER - This is unfair to us girls. Morrie Miller is not getting canceled but J ... [Read More]
- 8:25:34, May 29th 2013 - RP - Why is Mr. Ehler involving himself with non-school activities? Is he going after ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth D. Kvam, 72, of Spring Valley, former owner of Kvam Oil Co., died October 18, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
He was born May 16, 1930, in Prosper, MN to Orlando and Lillian (Baardsgaard) Kvam. He served in the Army and was stationed in Karlsruhe, Germany. On Aug. 25, 1951, he married Margareta Zinnecke in Karlsruhe. They moved to Spring Valley following his discharge from the Army in 1952. He was a mechanic at Lundby’s Garage and Hanna Mining Co., was a semi driver for Ruan Oil Co., from 1971 to 1985 owned and operated Kvam Oil Co., and then was a self-employed semi driver until his retirement in 1992. His wife died Oct. 25, 2000. Mr. Kvam was a member of the VFW and American Legion. He piloted his own plane for many years, and he enjoyed inventing and building model single pump and steam engines, camping and fishing. Survivors include a son, Rick (Arlette) of Spring Valley; two daughters, Kim (Raalen) Brown of Spring Valley and Krista (Jared) Firl of Rochester; 11 grandchildren; and a sister, Frances (Robert) Fischer of Stewartville. A funeral Mass was held Oct. 22, 2002 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.