"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 25th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:53:13, May 24th 2015 - Greg Rendahl - Jason, while you certainly make some good points in your opinion piece ... [Read More]
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you arenâ€™t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth D. Kvam, 72, of Spring Valley, former owner of Kvam Oil Co., died October 18, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
He was born May 16, 1930, in Prosper, MN to Orlando and Lillian (Baardsgaard) Kvam. He served in the Army and was stationed in Karlsruhe, Germany. On Aug. 25, 1951, he married Margareta Zinnecke in Karlsruhe. They moved to Spring Valley following his discharge from the Army in 1952. He was a mechanic at Lundby’s Garage and Hanna Mining Co., was a semi driver for Ruan Oil Co., from 1971 to 1985 owned and operated Kvam Oil Co., and then was a self-employed semi driver until his retirement in 1992. His wife died Oct. 25, 2000. Mr. Kvam was a member of the VFW and American Legion. He piloted his own plane for many years, and he enjoyed inventing and building model single pump and steam engines, camping and fishing. Survivors include a son, Rick (Arlette) of Spring Valley; two daughters, Kim (Raalen) Brown of Spring Valley and Krista (Jared) Firl of Rochester; 11 grandchildren; and a sister, Frances (Robert) Fischer of Stewartville. A funeral Mass was held Oct. 22, 2002 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.