"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, September 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniersâ€™ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth D. Kvam, 72, of Spring Valley, former owner of Kvam Oil Co., died October 18, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
He was born May 16, 1930, in Prosper, MN to Orlando and Lillian (Baardsgaard) Kvam. He served in the Army and was stationed in Karlsruhe, Germany. On Aug. 25, 1951, he married Margareta Zinnecke in Karlsruhe. They moved to Spring Valley following his discharge from the Army in 1952. He was a mechanic at Lundby’s Garage and Hanna Mining Co., was a semi driver for Ruan Oil Co., from 1971 to 1985 owned and operated Kvam Oil Co., and then was a self-employed semi driver until his retirement in 1992. His wife died Oct. 25, 2000. Mr. Kvam was a member of the VFW and American Legion. He piloted his own plane for many years, and he enjoyed inventing and building model single pump and steam engines, camping and fishing. Survivors include a son, Rick (Arlette) of Spring Valley; two daughters, Kim (Raalen) Brown of Spring Valley and Krista (Jared) Firl of Rochester; 11 grandchildren; and a sister, Frances (Robert) Fischer of Stewartville. A funeral Mass was held Oct. 22, 2002 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.