"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Kenneth D. Kvam, 72, of Spring Valley, former owner of Kvam Oil Co., died October 18, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
He was born May 16, 1930, in Prosper, MN to Orlando and Lillian (Baardsgaard) Kvam. He served in the Army and was stationed in Karlsruhe, Germany. On Aug. 25, 1951, he married Margareta Zinnecke in Karlsruhe. They moved to Spring Valley following his discharge from the Army in 1952. He was a mechanic at Lundby’s Garage and Hanna Mining Co., was a semi driver for Ruan Oil Co., from 1971 to 1985 owned and operated Kvam Oil Co., and then was a self-employed semi driver until his retirement in 1992. His wife died Oct. 25, 2000. Mr. Kvam was a member of the VFW and American Legion. He piloted his own plane for many years, and he enjoyed inventing and building model single pump and steam engines, camping and fishing. Survivors include a son, Rick (Arlette) of Spring Valley; two daughters, Kim (Raalen) Brown of Spring Valley and Krista (Jared) Firl of Rochester; 11 grandchildren; and a sister, Frances (Robert) Fischer of Stewartville. A funeral Mass was held Oct. 22, 2002 at St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Russell Scepaniak officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.