"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Conrad D. Johnson, 73, of Spring Valley, former operator of the Dairy Queen, died October 16, 2002 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born April 18, 1929, in Chicago, the son of Conrad and Gladys (Perrin) Johnson. He attended high school there. On Aug. 30, 1946, he married Patricia Stephenson in Kahoka, Mo. They lived in Palos Heights, Ill., where he was a mechanic for many years, and later in Worth, Ill., where he sold insurance. After moving to Spring Valley in 1963, he owned and operated the Dairy Queen with his father for several years, and more recently worked in the Twin Cities. He was a piano player and was active in the Republican Party for more than 10 years. Survivors include his wife; five sons, Dean of Las Vegas, Douglas of Phoenix, Mark of Spring Valley, Gary of Monroe, Wis., and George; four daughters, Dale (Vernon) Gehrking and LeeAnn Hungate, both of Spring Valley, Dawn (Robert) Malli of Cresco, Iowa, and Patty (Larry) Kraft of Lake Havasu City, Ariz.; 16 grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two brothers, Dr. Paul of Woodbury, Minn., and Raymond of Shafety Harbor, Fla. He was preceded in death by a son, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral was held Oct. 21, 2002 in Valley Christian Center Assembly of God Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Steve Kuno officiating. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.