"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Conrad D. Johnson, 73, of Spring Valley, former operator of the Dairy Queen, died October 16, 2002 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born April 18, 1929, in Chicago, the son of Conrad and Gladys (Perrin) Johnson. He attended high school there. On Aug. 30, 1946, he married Patricia Stephenson in Kahoka, Mo. They lived in Palos Heights, Ill., where he was a mechanic for many years, and later in Worth, Ill., where he sold insurance. After moving to Spring Valley in 1963, he owned and operated the Dairy Queen with his father for several years, and more recently worked in the Twin Cities. He was a piano player and was active in the Republican Party for more than 10 years. Survivors include his wife; five sons, Dean of Las Vegas, Douglas of Phoenix, Mark of Spring Valley, Gary of Monroe, Wis., and George; four daughters, Dale (Vernon) Gehrking and LeeAnn Hungate, both of Spring Valley, Dawn (Robert) Malli of Cresco, Iowa, and Patty (Larry) Kraft of Lake Havasu City, Ariz.; 16 grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two brothers, Dr. Paul of Woodbury, Minn., and Raymond of Shafety Harbor, Fla. He was preceded in death by a son, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral was held Oct. 21, 2002 in Valley Christian Center Assembly of God Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Steve Kuno officiating. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.