"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Conrad D. Johnson, 73, of Spring Valley, former operator of the Dairy Queen, died October 16, 2002 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born April 18, 1929, in Chicago, the son of Conrad and Gladys (Perrin) Johnson. He attended high school there. On Aug. 30, 1946, he married Patricia Stephenson in Kahoka, Mo. They lived in Palos Heights, Ill., where he was a mechanic for many years, and later in Worth, Ill., where he sold insurance. After moving to Spring Valley in 1963, he owned and operated the Dairy Queen with his father for several years, and more recently worked in the Twin Cities. He was a piano player and was active in the Republican Party for more than 10 years. Survivors include his wife; five sons, Dean of Las Vegas, Douglas of Phoenix, Mark of Spring Valley, Gary of Monroe, Wis., and George; four daughters, Dale (Vernon) Gehrking and LeeAnn Hungate, both of Spring Valley, Dawn (Robert) Malli of Cresco, Iowa, and Patty (Larry) Kraft of Lake Havasu City, Ariz.; 16 grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two brothers, Dr. Paul of Woodbury, Minn., and Raymond of Shafety Harbor, Fla. He was preceded in death by a son, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral was held Oct. 21, 2002 in Valley Christian Center Assembly of God Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Steve Kuno officiating. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.