"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
- 11:22:49, Oct 18th 2014 - agree - Fact says has a great point. Money is at the root of the problems in high sc ... [Read More]
- 5:24:15, Oct 17th 2014 - FC concern - To FC Nobody: Just means you have smart bullies. Take your blinders of ... [Read More]
- 7:09:36, Oct 17th 2014 - - There was no flood water in the Rushford school . ... [Read More]
- 7:02:40, Oct 17th 2014 - fact - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not ... [Read More]
- 6:56:33, Oct 17th 2014 - - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not help ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Conrad D. Johnson, 73, of Spring Valley, former operator of the Dairy Queen, died October 16, 2002 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born April 18, 1929, in Chicago, the son of Conrad and Gladys (Perrin) Johnson. He attended high school there. On Aug. 30, 1946, he married Patricia Stephenson in Kahoka, Mo. They lived in Palos Heights, Ill., where he was a mechanic for many years, and later in Worth, Ill., where he sold insurance. After moving to Spring Valley in 1963, he owned and operated the Dairy Queen with his father for several years, and more recently worked in the Twin Cities. He was a piano player and was active in the Republican Party for more than 10 years. Survivors include his wife; five sons, Dean of Las Vegas, Douglas of Phoenix, Mark of Spring Valley, Gary of Monroe, Wis., and George; four daughters, Dale (Vernon) Gehrking and LeeAnn Hungate, both of Spring Valley, Dawn (Robert) Malli of Cresco, Iowa, and Patty (Larry) Kraft of Lake Havasu City, Ariz.; 16 grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two brothers, Dr. Paul of Woodbury, Minn., and Raymond of Shafety Harbor, Fla. He was preceded in death by a son, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral was held Oct. 21, 2002 in Valley Christian Center Assembly of God Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Steve Kuno officiating. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.