"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Conrad D. Johnson, 73, of Spring Valley, former operator of the Dairy Queen, died October 16, 2002 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
He was born April 18, 1929, in Chicago, the son of Conrad and Gladys (Perrin) Johnson. He attended high school there. On Aug. 30, 1946, he married Patricia Stephenson in Kahoka, Mo. They lived in Palos Heights, Ill., where he was a mechanic for many years, and later in Worth, Ill., where he sold insurance. After moving to Spring Valley in 1963, he owned and operated the Dairy Queen with his father for several years, and more recently worked in the Twin Cities. He was a piano player and was active in the Republican Party for more than 10 years. Survivors include his wife; five sons, Dean of Las Vegas, Douglas of Phoenix, Mark of Spring Valley, Gary of Monroe, Wis., and George; four daughters, Dale (Vernon) Gehrking and LeeAnn Hungate, both of Spring Valley, Dawn (Robert) Malli of Cresco, Iowa, and Patty (Larry) Kraft of Lake Havasu City, Ariz.; 16 grandchildren; seven stepgrandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and two brothers, Dr. Paul of Woodbury, Minn., and Raymond of Shafety Harbor, Fla. He was preceded in death by a son, a granddaughter, a brother and an infant sister. The funeral was held Oct. 21, 2002 in Valley Christian Center Assembly of God Church in Spring Valley, the Rev. Steve Kuno officiating. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.