"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:21:07, May 6th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Consider the source. He probably has an 8th grade education if that ... [Read More]
- 7:12:50, May 6th 2015 - LOLZ - Re-evaluate your prescriptions. ... [Read More]
- 4:54:07, May 6th 2015 - laurie - Kim Wentworth. I did not know you're political side. Bravo! Hope you're well ... [Read More]
- 2:25:58, May 6th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a short response: paragraph 8- a belief in a system where th ... [Read More]
- 11:17:41, May 6th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Herb, waiting for your response. You seem so knowledgeable on the gun con ... [Read More]
- 9:30:33, May 5th 2015 - FountainFarmer - what? you can direct your questions towards Sgt. Christianson at the ... [Read More]
- 12:26:17, May 5th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Vikefan- lets take your scenario a little further since you seem to ... [Read More]
- 4:31:29, May 5th 2015 - what? - What about electric scooters? There is a grade school kid in harmony riding on ... [Read More]
- 4:24:55, May 5th 2015 - what? - The mayor's in small towns don't wear suits...it's a part time job! They don' ... [Read More]
- 6:54:57, May 4th 2015 - LOLZ - So what's up with the hoodie? Was it casual Friday? ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 25th, 2002
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
Last month at Circle we had roll call and the question was "What job do you hate the most?" I believe almost everyone, including our Pastor, said it was washing windows. I remember years ago it was hard to get the men folks to help get the storm windows on upstairs as fall was so busy - husking corn, silo filling, shredding - that sometimes we never got them all on upstairs and when we got up in the morning we would find little tiny snow drifts that had blown through our windows - those were the Good 'O Days.
. . . . . Chuckle Bob received a free ticket to the Super Bowl from his company. Unfortunately, when Bob arrived at the stadium he realized the seat was in the last row in the corner of the stadium. He was closer to the Goodyear Blimp than the field and about halfway through the first quarter Bob noticed an empty seat 10 rows off the field right on the 50 yard line. He decided to take a chance, go around the security guards to the empty seat. As he sat down he asked the gentleman sitting next to him, "Is anyone sitting here?" The man said "No." Very excited to be in such a great seat for the game, Bob said to the man next to him, "This is incredible! Who in their right mind would have a seat like this at the Super Bowl and not use it?" The man replied, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl that the Packers have played in, that we haven't been together since we got married in 1966." "That's really sad," said Bob, "But still, couldn't you find someone to take the seat? A relative or a close friend?" "No," the man replied, "They're all at the funeral." . . . . . Life is like a ladder. Every step we take is either up or down. . . . . . Crayons We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and all are different colors - but they all exist very nicely in the same box. . . . . . Old Mister Jack 'O Lantern Old mister Jack 'O Lantern you can't frighten me. Cuz you're just a pumpkin as yellow as can be! I watched my daddy carve you, I helped him some, He took a knife and I a spoon - my, it was fun. And you're just a Jack O' Lantern that me'n daddy made! Happy Halloween! . . . . . How True Don't stay away from church or synagogue because- Because you are poor, (There is no admission) Because it rains, (You go to work in the rain) Because it's hot. (So is the golf course) Because it's cold (It's warm and friendly inside) Because you don't like the priest, minister, or rabbi (they're human, too) Because there are hypocrites (They're everywhere) Because you have company (Bring them along) Because you have plenty of other days in the future to attend (Are you sure?) Satan has many tools, but a lie is the handle that fits them all. P.S. Hope you all got to your church on Sunday, rain or shine. ~Until next week, Annabelle This Week's Recipe - Roadside Potatoes 1 (32 oz.) frozen hash browns; 3 cups evaporated skim milk; 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted; 1 tsp. salt; 1/4 tsp. pepper; 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Place potatoes in 9x13 in. pan. Mix milk, butter, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle top with the cheese. Bake 325º for about 1 hour.