"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:53:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Aspy - It's illegal for the council to give themselves a pay raise after the electi ... [Read More]
- 4:25:39, Oct 25th 2016 - FINALLY - @Hard Truth and @ Another Kingsland parent - AMEN - You hit the nail right ... [Read More]
- 11:11:01, Oct 25th 2016 - SV Grad - The real problem with Kingsland football is not the coach. Declining enr ... [Read More]
- 11:03:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Hard Truth - Kingsland Parent---what's the larger issue you speak of and how would d ... [Read More]
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Frances Harris, 71, sister of a Harmony woman, died Aug. 23, 2002 at the Evans Memorial Home in Cresco, IA where she had been living since July 22, 2002.
Joyce was born January 16, 1931 in Wells, MN, the daughter of Joseph and Clara (Barnes) Palaschek. She received the early years of her education in Sleepy Eye, MN and moved to Cresco in 1946. She became a member of the Assumption Altar and Rosary Society. For a time she attended the Holy Cross Church in Schley. She was a nurses aide and a nanny. On Oct. 9, 1965 she married Francis Harris in Cresco IA. He died on Aug. 24, 1981 and in 1984 she moved to the Howard County Care Facility and then transferred to Evans Memorial Home. She is survived by two brothers, Neil Palaschek of Cresco and Joseph of Salinas, CA; and one sister, Jeannine Hoag of Harmony. Joyce was preceded in death by her husband Francis, her parents, and one brother, Thomas. Funeral services for Joyce Harris were held Aug. 26, 2002 at the Assumption Worship Center in Cresco, IA with Rev. Henry W. Chariper officiating. He was assisted by Rev. Tim Sir, Inurnment was at the Calvary Cemetery on Sept. 7, 2002 with Sister Mary Hargrafin.