"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, April 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Frances Harris, 71, sister of a Harmony woman, died Aug. 23, 2002 at the Evans Memorial Home in Cresco, IA where she had been living since July 22, 2002.
Joyce was born January 16, 1931 in Wells, MN, the daughter of Joseph and Clara (Barnes) Palaschek. She received the early years of her education in Sleepy Eye, MN and moved to Cresco in 1946. She became a member of the Assumption Altar and Rosary Society. For a time she attended the Holy Cross Church in Schley. She was a nurses aide and a nanny. On Oct. 9, 1965 she married Francis Harris in Cresco IA. He died on Aug. 24, 1981 and in 1984 she moved to the Howard County Care Facility and then transferred to Evans Memorial Home. She is survived by two brothers, Neil Palaschek of Cresco and Joseph of Salinas, CA; and one sister, Jeannine Hoag of Harmony. Joyce was preceded in death by her husband Francis, her parents, and one brother, Thomas. Funeral services for Joyce Harris were held Aug. 26, 2002 at the Assumption Worship Center in Cresco, IA with Rev. Henry W. Chariper officiating. He was assisted by Rev. Tim Sir, Inurnment was at the Calvary Cemetery on Sept. 7, 2002 with Sister Mary Hargrafin.