"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 10th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:41:33, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV 85, I'm still waiting for a reply! Don't tell me you decided to take ... [Read More]
- 8:27:28, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Greetings Mark, I agree with much of your analysis, but to me it's reall ... [Read More]
- 11:49:51, Dec 9th 2016 - Mark Kottman - Conservative or liberal, both sides agree that some changes are needed ... [Read More]
- 6:43:37, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Jen, you really feel that way? Why? You must feel he accomplished somethi ... [Read More]
- 6:32:12, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, It is. I''ll reserve judjement and keep watching. ... [Read More]
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
Fri, Oct 18th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Frances Harris, 71, sister of a Harmony woman, died Aug. 23, 2002 at the Evans Memorial Home in Cresco, IA where she had been living since July 22, 2002.
Joyce was born January 16, 1931 in Wells, MN, the daughter of Joseph and Clara (Barnes) Palaschek. She received the early years of her education in Sleepy Eye, MN and moved to Cresco in 1946. She became a member of the Assumption Altar and Rosary Society. For a time she attended the Holy Cross Church in Schley. She was a nurses aide and a nanny. On Oct. 9, 1965 she married Francis Harris in Cresco IA. He died on Aug. 24, 1981 and in 1984 she moved to the Howard County Care Facility and then transferred to Evans Memorial Home. She is survived by two brothers, Neil Palaschek of Cresco and Joseph of Salinas, CA; and one sister, Jeannine Hoag of Harmony. Joyce was preceded in death by her husband Francis, her parents, and one brother, Thomas. Funeral services for Joyce Harris were held Aug. 26, 2002 at the Assumption Worship Center in Cresco, IA with Rev. Henry W. Chariper officiating. He was assisted by Rev. Tim Sir, Inurnment was at the Calvary Cemetery on Sept. 7, 2002 with Sister Mary Hargrafin.