"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
- 12:47:28, Aug 21st 2015 - - Remark 1976 seems to know about everything that posted in the journal. Lmfao...i ... [Read More]
- 10:14:08, Aug 21st 2015 - Remark1976 - Concerned, the Fountain police chief can only issue speeding ticket ... [Read More]
- 8:01:44, Aug 21st 2015 - Skeptical - I think the DNR doesn't tell us everything they're up to. I've heard th ... [Read More]
- 7:51:52, Aug 21st 2015 - Concerned - I think the police chief needs to start isuing speeding tickets in Founta ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 1st, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Carl John Doherty, 29, of Racine, died of complications of pneumonia October 29, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
He was born July 22, 1973, in Spring Valley. Mr. Doherty had worked in various occupations and most recently was a laborer for a local farmer. He was a mechanic and enjoyed hunting. Survivors include his parents, Duane and Patricia (Sikkink) Doherty of Racine; a sister, Julie Doherty of Rochester; three brothers, Edward and Nicholas, both of Racine, and Peter (Tisha) of Rochester; and maternal grandmother, Lucille Sikkink of Stewartville. He was preceded in death by his maternal grandfather and paternal grandparents. A funeral Mass for was held Nov. 1, 2002 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery in rural Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.