"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 1st, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
William E. Goetsch, 73, of Cresco, IA, died September 17, 2002 at Regional Health Services in Cresco, IA.
William Earl Goetsch was born January 26, 1929 to William F. and Sylvia (Grabau) Goetsch. He attended Lincoln country school in Albion Township. He was called to serve in the army in June 1953, served a year in Germany and was honorably discharged in May 1955. On Sept. 7, 1957 he married Darlene Huhe. He lived on the family farm until 1994, when he moved to Lime Springs, IA. He served for many years on the Cresco Library Board, was a member of Zion Church in rural Cresco, where he served on the Board of Trustees. He was a member of the Farm Bureau, the Lime Spring American Legion Post #545 and served on the Republican Central Committee of Howard County, Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Sharyl(Jerry) Keune of Cresco and Shirley (Phillip) Miller of Mankato, MN; a son William K. (Rose) Goetsch of Cresco; seven grandchildren; and a sister, Vera (Robert) Easler of Des Moines, IA. A brother and sister preceded him in death. Services were held Oct. 19, 2002 at the United Methodist Church in Cresco with Rev. Lewis Flanigan officiating. Interment was at the Cedar Hill Cemetery in rural Cresco.