"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 1st, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lorraine Miller, 76, formerly of the LeRoy area, died October 27, 2002 at the Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had resided for about two and a half years.
Lorraine Thoreson was born May 2, 1926 in Beaver Township, Fillmore County to Hardie and Clara (Aarness) Thoreson. She attended the Sample School and graduated in 1944 from LeRoy High School. She attended Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. In August 1946 she married Billy Terbeest. They were later divorced. On May 16, 1970, she married Warren "Wink" Miller. He died in 1992. Mrs. Miller worked at Ostrander State Bank for many years and served as secretary for Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, where she was a member. At Trinity she sang in the choir, took part in circle group activities and was a Luther League adviser. She later attended St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Lime Springs, Iowa, when she moved there in 1992. She enjoyed birds, reading and going for walks to look for wild flowers. Survivors include three daughters, Sandra (Brian) Johnson of Lime Springs, Joanne (John) Kirby of Paris, France, and Karen Miller of LeRoy; two grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and one sister, Marilyn Hovey of Lime Springs. One daughter and one brother preceded her in death. The funeral was held Oct. 30, 2002 at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Linda Johnson-Prestholt officiating. Burial was in the Ostrander Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.