"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 1st, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lorraine Miller, 76, formerly of the LeRoy area, died October 27, 2002 at the Ostrander Nursing Home, where she had resided for about two and a half years.
Lorraine Thoreson was born May 2, 1926 in Beaver Township, Fillmore County to Hardie and Clara (Aarness) Thoreson. She attended the Sample School and graduated in 1944 from LeRoy High School. She attended Luther College in Decorah, Iowa. In August 1946 she married Billy Terbeest. They were later divorced. On May 16, 1970, she married Warren "Wink" Miller. He died in 1992. Mrs. Miller worked at Ostrander State Bank for many years and served as secretary for Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, where she was a member. At Trinity she sang in the choir, took part in circle group activities and was a Luther League adviser. She later attended St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Lime Springs, Iowa, when she moved there in 1992. She enjoyed birds, reading and going for walks to look for wild flowers. Survivors include three daughters, Sandra (Brian) Johnson of Lime Springs, Joanne (John) Kirby of Paris, France, and Karen Miller of LeRoy; two grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and one sister, Marilyn Hovey of Lime Springs. One daughter and one brother preceded her in death. The funeral was held Oct. 30, 2002 at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Linda Johnson-Prestholt officiating. Burial was in the Ostrander Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in LeRoy was in charge of arrangements.