"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 1st, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ervin S. Rye, 83, of Rushford, died October 30, 2002, at the Good Samaritan Care Center in Preston, Minn.
Ervin was born on July 15, 1919, in South Fork of Fillmore County, Minn. to Peter and Margit (Sand) Rye. Ervin attended school at South Fork. He married Shirley Raaen on December 11, 1948, in Peterson, Minn. Ervin was a member of the Rushford Lutheran Church. He worked for Roverud, farmed in the Bratsberg Area, worked at Farmers Elevator and Darrs in Rushford until his retirement. Ervin is survived by his wife Shirley; children: Sandy (Dale) Rasmussen, Marlys (Jim) Johnson, Wayne (Jolene) Rye, all of Rushford, and Mary (Jeff) Darr of Durand, Wis.; ten grandchildren; six great- grandchildren; four sisters: Norma Rasmussen Mabel, Phyllis (Walter) Norby of Canton, Ardis Moen of Eagan, Minn. and Marjorie (Paul) McManimon of St. Leonard, MD. He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, Paul and Joseph, and two brothers-in-law. The funeral service was held at Rushford Lutheran Church on Sunday November 3, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.