"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, November 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 8:02:03, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
- 6:09:45, Nov 24th 2015 - JustTheFacts - All of those funds have been triple audited, and by people who have a ... [Read More]
- 3:40:51, Nov 24th 2015 - James1952 - I can't find anywhere that Mr. Gudmundson was guilty of plagiarism. What ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 1st, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ervin S. Rye, 83, of Rushford, died October 30, 2002, at the Good Samaritan Care Center in Preston, Minn.
Ervin was born on July 15, 1919, in South Fork of Fillmore County, Minn. to Peter and Margit (Sand) Rye. Ervin attended school at South Fork. He married Shirley Raaen on December 11, 1948, in Peterson, Minn. Ervin was a member of the Rushford Lutheran Church. He worked for Roverud, farmed in the Bratsberg Area, worked at Farmers Elevator and Darrs in Rushford until his retirement. Ervin is survived by his wife Shirley; children: Sandy (Dale) Rasmussen, Marlys (Jim) Johnson, Wayne (Jolene) Rye, all of Rushford, and Mary (Jeff) Darr of Durand, Wis.; ten grandchildren; six great- grandchildren; four sisters: Norma Rasmussen Mabel, Phyllis (Walter) Norby of Canton, Ardis Moen of Eagan, Minn. and Marjorie (Paul) McManimon of St. Leonard, MD. He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, Paul and Joseph, and two brothers-in-law. The funeral service was held at Rushford Lutheran Church on Sunday November 3, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.