"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
- 12:16:31, Mar 1st 2015 - Be honest - This is happening more and more in small towns. Attorney's are telling t ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Nov 1st, 2002
Posted in Letter to the Editor
Posted in Letter to the Editor
We would like to write in support of Steve Rahn for Mayor of Lanesboro. He is a hard working, honest, contributing member of the community, who would do his best to serve the needs of those he would represent.
This past year we have seen what happens when we do not take enough interest in what happens in our local government. The mistakes made by some have cost us dearly and will continue to cost us in the future. We, like many residents of this town, feel like our concerns are put aside by single-issue people who make decisions for all of us, based on their own needs. Steve is a candidate without a personal, self-serving agenda. He will not sidestep or avoid a difficult issue. Ask a question and you will get an answer. We have many difficult challenges that lie ahead for all of us. We need someone who sees the "Big Picture", while focusing on the unique qualities of life we have here in Lanesboro. It is a big job to balance the needs of the tourism industry and still keep our long time residents from feeling like they have been discarded. Steve knows our community like only someone who has lived here for many years can. He has been here for yesterday, today, and will very likely live out his years in this community. He won't forget he has to live next door to those he represents. We believe that Steve will work to keep costs within the city's budget, and be realistic about what this city can afford. We all have our own budgets to live within. It is not unreasonable to ask that our local government do the same. Ask yourself if some members of the council have served the community of Lanesboro well. Our town is too good a place to call home to let outsiders take over and make decisions that we all may come to pay for. We believe a vote for Steve Rahn for mayor, along with council votes for Kevin and Jerome, will put our town back in the hands of those who have the most to loose. Kevin Drake has proven his ability to serve on the City Council. He has done his best to present the council with reason and sensibility. He is committed to this position and we ask you to re-elect him. Jerome Halvorson has done a great job for the city of Lanesboro after stepping into a difficult situation after the resignation of another council member. He voices the views he believes in without hesitation. Remember to get out and vote on November 5. Your vote does matter. Roger Benson Donald Brink John Dollar Orrin Olson Charlene Eide Alison Prestemon Dale Honsey Lance Campbell Jim Wagner Lanesboro, MN