"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
Do you think rules and regulations will change in regards to keeping animals in captivity at amusement parks such as Sea World?
Fri, Nov 1st, 2002
Posted in Letter to the Editor
Posted in Letter to the Editor
We would like to write in support of Steve Rahn for Mayor of Lanesboro. He is a hard working, honest, contributing member of the community, who would do his best to serve the needs of those he would represent.
This past year we have seen what happens when we do not take enough interest in what happens in our local government. The mistakes made by some have cost us dearly and will continue to cost us in the future. We, like many residents of this town, feel like our concerns are put aside by single-issue people who make decisions for all of us, based on their own needs. Steve is a candidate without a personal, self-serving agenda. He will not sidestep or avoid a difficult issue. Ask a question and you will get an answer. We have many difficult challenges that lie ahead for all of us. We need someone who sees the "Big Picture", while focusing on the unique qualities of life we have here in Lanesboro. It is a big job to balance the needs of the tourism industry and still keep our long time residents from feeling like they have been discarded. Steve knows our community like only someone who has lived here for many years can. He has been here for yesterday, today, and will very likely live out his years in this community. He won't forget he has to live next door to those he represents. We believe that Steve will work to keep costs within the city's budget, and be realistic about what this city can afford. We all have our own budgets to live within. It is not unreasonable to ask that our local government do the same. Ask yourself if some members of the council have served the community of Lanesboro well. Our town is too good a place to call home to let outsiders take over and make decisions that we all may come to pay for. We believe a vote for Steve Rahn for mayor, along with council votes for Kevin and Jerome, will put our town back in the hands of those who have the most to loose. Kevin Drake has proven his ability to serve on the City Council. He has done his best to present the council with reason and sensibility. He is committed to this position and we ask you to re-elect him. Jerome Halvorson has done a great job for the city of Lanesboro after stepping into a difficult situation after the resignation of another council member. He voices the views he believes in without hesitation. Remember to get out and vote on November 5. Your vote does matter. Roger Benson Donald Brink John Dollar Orrin Olson Charlene Eide Alison Prestemon Dale Honsey Lance Campbell Jim Wagner Lanesboro, MN