"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Herbert “Herb” L. Hareldson, age 76, of Canton, Minnesota died Tuesday, November 5, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Herb was born August 10, 1926 in Whalan, Minnesota to Ole and Theressa Hareldson. He attended Lanesboro High School and from December, 1950 to May, 1952 he served in the United States Army in Korea. On August 2, 1952 he married Mary Wilbright in Piggott, Arkansas. He farmed in the Lanesboro, North Prairie, Pilot Mound, and Mabel areas, was a bus driver for 25 years for the Mabel-Canton Schools, had a small engine repair shop, and was the chief of police in Canton for 16 years. He was a member of the Henrytown Lutheran Church and a life member and past commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Onsgard-Kittleson Post 5769 in Mabel. He formerly served on the church council, the FHA board, chairman of the local Farmers Union in Lanesboro and Mabel, chairman for the Fillmore County Farmers Union, and on the SEMCAC executive board. Herb spoke fluent Norwegian and enjoyed fishing, hunting, woodworking, and visiting people. Herb is survived by his wife Mary of Canton; a son Curt of Preston; a daughter-in-law Tonia Hareldson of Fountain; three grandchildren; five sisters Lyla (Martin) Starks of Preston, Norma Hareldson of Fountain, Minnesota, Joan Bradt of Chatfield, Minnesota, Lois (Carrol) Danielson of Harmony, Minnesota, and Verna Quandahl of Mabel; and two brothers Orris (Ruth) of Stewartville, Minnesota, and Richard (Sue) of Oronoco, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by a son Duane; two daughters Debbie and Gail; and a sister. Funeral services were Nov. 8, 2002 at the Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton with Reverend Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston with military rites by the Mabel Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.