"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Herbert “Herb” L. Hareldson, age 76, of Canton, Minnesota died Tuesday, November 5, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Herb was born August 10, 1926 in Whalan, Minnesota to Ole and Theressa Hareldson. He attended Lanesboro High School and from December, 1950 to May, 1952 he served in the United States Army in Korea. On August 2, 1952 he married Mary Wilbright in Piggott, Arkansas. He farmed in the Lanesboro, North Prairie, Pilot Mound, and Mabel areas, was a bus driver for 25 years for the Mabel-Canton Schools, had a small engine repair shop, and was the chief of police in Canton for 16 years. He was a member of the Henrytown Lutheran Church and a life member and past commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Onsgard-Kittleson Post 5769 in Mabel. He formerly served on the church council, the FHA board, chairman of the local Farmers Union in Lanesboro and Mabel, chairman for the Fillmore County Farmers Union, and on the SEMCAC executive board. Herb spoke fluent Norwegian and enjoyed fishing, hunting, woodworking, and visiting people. Herb is survived by his wife Mary of Canton; a son Curt of Preston; a daughter-in-law Tonia Hareldson of Fountain; three grandchildren; five sisters Lyla (Martin) Starks of Preston, Norma Hareldson of Fountain, Minnesota, Joan Bradt of Chatfield, Minnesota, Lois (Carrol) Danielson of Harmony, Minnesota, and Verna Quandahl of Mabel; and two brothers Orris (Ruth) of Stewartville, Minnesota, and Richard (Sue) of Oronoco, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by a son Duane; two daughters Debbie and Gail; and a sister. Funeral services were Nov. 8, 2002 at the Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton with Reverend Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston with military rites by the Mabel Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.