"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 12th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Herbert “Herb” L. Hareldson, age 76, of Canton, Minnesota died Tuesday, November 5, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Herb was born August 10, 1926 in Whalan, Minnesota to Ole and Theressa Hareldson. He attended Lanesboro High School and from December, 1950 to May, 1952 he served in the United States Army in Korea. On August 2, 1952 he married Mary Wilbright in Piggott, Arkansas. He farmed in the Lanesboro, North Prairie, Pilot Mound, and Mabel areas, was a bus driver for 25 years for the Mabel-Canton Schools, had a small engine repair shop, and was the chief of police in Canton for 16 years. He was a member of the Henrytown Lutheran Church and a life member and past commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Onsgard-Kittleson Post 5769 in Mabel. He formerly served on the church council, the FHA board, chairman of the local Farmers Union in Lanesboro and Mabel, chairman for the Fillmore County Farmers Union, and on the SEMCAC executive board. Herb spoke fluent Norwegian and enjoyed fishing, hunting, woodworking, and visiting people. Herb is survived by his wife Mary of Canton; a son Curt of Preston; a daughter-in-law Tonia Hareldson of Fountain; three grandchildren; five sisters Lyla (Martin) Starks of Preston, Norma Hareldson of Fountain, Minnesota, Joan Bradt of Chatfield, Minnesota, Lois (Carrol) Danielson of Harmony, Minnesota, and Verna Quandahl of Mabel; and two brothers Orris (Ruth) of Stewartville, Minnesota, and Richard (Sue) of Oronoco, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by a son Duane; two daughters Debbie and Gail; and a sister. Funeral services were Nov. 8, 2002 at the Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton with Reverend Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston with military rites by the Mabel Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.