"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Herbert “Herb” L. Hareldson, age 76, of Canton, Minnesota died Tuesday, November 5, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Herb was born August 10, 1926 in Whalan, Minnesota to Ole and Theressa Hareldson. He attended Lanesboro High School and from December, 1950 to May, 1952 he served in the United States Army in Korea. On August 2, 1952 he married Mary Wilbright in Piggott, Arkansas. He farmed in the Lanesboro, North Prairie, Pilot Mound, and Mabel areas, was a bus driver for 25 years for the Mabel-Canton Schools, had a small engine repair shop, and was the chief of police in Canton for 16 years. He was a member of the Henrytown Lutheran Church and a life member and past commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Onsgard-Kittleson Post 5769 in Mabel. He formerly served on the church council, the FHA board, chairman of the local Farmers Union in Lanesboro and Mabel, chairman for the Fillmore County Farmers Union, and on the SEMCAC executive board. Herb spoke fluent Norwegian and enjoyed fishing, hunting, woodworking, and visiting people. Herb is survived by his wife Mary of Canton; a son Curt of Preston; a daughter-in-law Tonia Hareldson of Fountain; three grandchildren; five sisters Lyla (Martin) Starks of Preston, Norma Hareldson of Fountain, Minnesota, Joan Bradt of Chatfield, Minnesota, Lois (Carrol) Danielson of Harmony, Minnesota, and Verna Quandahl of Mabel; and two brothers Orris (Ruth) of Stewartville, Minnesota, and Richard (Sue) of Oronoco, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by a son Duane; two daughters Debbie and Gail; and a sister. Funeral services were Nov. 8, 2002 at the Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton with Reverend Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston with military rites by the Mabel Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.