"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
- 9:29:07, Dec 19th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Rest in Peace Daryl. Classmate of 73, Judy ... [Read More]
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Herbert “Herb” L. Hareldson, age 76, of Canton, Minnesota died Tuesday, November 5, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Herb was born August 10, 1926 in Whalan, Minnesota to Ole and Theressa Hareldson. He attended Lanesboro High School and from December, 1950 to May, 1952 he served in the United States Army in Korea. On August 2, 1952 he married Mary Wilbright in Piggott, Arkansas. He farmed in the Lanesboro, North Prairie, Pilot Mound, and Mabel areas, was a bus driver for 25 years for the Mabel-Canton Schools, had a small engine repair shop, and was the chief of police in Canton for 16 years. He was a member of the Henrytown Lutheran Church and a life member and past commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Onsgard-Kittleson Post 5769 in Mabel. He formerly served on the church council, the FHA board, chairman of the local Farmers Union in Lanesboro and Mabel, chairman for the Fillmore County Farmers Union, and on the SEMCAC executive board. Herb spoke fluent Norwegian and enjoyed fishing, hunting, woodworking, and visiting people. Herb is survived by his wife Mary of Canton; a son Curt of Preston; a daughter-in-law Tonia Hareldson of Fountain; three grandchildren; five sisters Lyla (Martin) Starks of Preston, Norma Hareldson of Fountain, Minnesota, Joan Bradt of Chatfield, Minnesota, Lois (Carrol) Danielson of Harmony, Minnesota, and Verna Quandahl of Mabel; and two brothers Orris (Ruth) of Stewartville, Minnesota, and Richard (Sue) of Oronoco, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by a son Duane; two daughters Debbie and Gail; and a sister. Funeral services were Nov. 8, 2002 at the Henrytown Lutheran Church in rural Canton with Reverend Jeff Forbes officiating. Burial was in the Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston with military rites by the Mabel Veterans of Foreign Wars and American Legion. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.