"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, April 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
R. Wayne Harrison, 85, of St. Charles died November 2, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Wayne was born September 30, 1917 in Fillmore County to Clinton and Agnes (McKay) Harrison. He served in the Army infantry during WWII, stationed in the Pacific Theatre. He and Bernice Ferden were married April 19, 1945 at North Prairie. They farmed on the family farm in Saratoga Township from 1946 - 1963. In 1963 they moved to St. Charles and Wayne worked as a custodian at St. Charles Elementary School until retiring in 1983. He was a member of Faith Lutheran Church of St. Charles where he was past president of the church council and was active in it's men's group. Wayne was also an active member of the St. Charles Veterans of Foreign War, serving as an officer and on the firing squad. He also was involved with the Senior Citizen RSVP Program, Sons of Norway and Card Clubs. Wayne enjoyed gardening and many trips with family and friends. Survivors include his wife Bernice, three daughters, Sharon (Curt) Vreeman and Dianne Harrison both of St. Charles and Janell (Kenneth) Kraut of Spring Valley, five grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, three brothers Lyle (Bev) of LaCrescent, Roger (Mary Ann) of Paso Roble, California, and David (Mary Jane) of St. Charles, three sisters Helen Cocker of Rochester, Theo (Roy) Hazel of Lanesboro and Margaret Ischer of Port Washington, OR. One son Jerald Wayne, a grandson Roderick, two sisters and three brothers preceded him in death. Funeral Services Nov 6, 2002 at Faith Lutheran Church in St. Charles with Pastor Ramie Bakken officiating. Burial was at Saratoga Cemetery in St. Charles. Hoff Funeral Home's - St. Charles Chapel was in charge of arrangements.