"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
R. Wayne Harrison, 85, of St. Charles died November 2, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Wayne was born September 30, 1917 in Fillmore County to Clinton and Agnes (McKay) Harrison. He served in the Army infantry during WWII, stationed in the Pacific Theatre. He and Bernice Ferden were married April 19, 1945 at North Prairie. They farmed on the family farm in Saratoga Township from 1946 - 1963. In 1963 they moved to St. Charles and Wayne worked as a custodian at St. Charles Elementary School until retiring in 1983. He was a member of Faith Lutheran Church of St. Charles where he was past president of the church council and was active in it's men's group. Wayne was also an active member of the St. Charles Veterans of Foreign War, serving as an officer and on the firing squad. He also was involved with the Senior Citizen RSVP Program, Sons of Norway and Card Clubs. Wayne enjoyed gardening and many trips with family and friends. Survivors include his wife Bernice, three daughters, Sharon (Curt) Vreeman and Dianne Harrison both of St. Charles and Janell (Kenneth) Kraut of Spring Valley, five grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, three brothers Lyle (Bev) of LaCrescent, Roger (Mary Ann) of Paso Roble, California, and David (Mary Jane) of St. Charles, three sisters Helen Cocker of Rochester, Theo (Roy) Hazel of Lanesboro and Margaret Ischer of Port Washington, OR. One son Jerald Wayne, a grandson Roderick, two sisters and three brothers preceded him in death. Funeral Services Nov 6, 2002 at Faith Lutheran Church in St. Charles with Pastor Ramie Bakken officiating. Burial was at Saratoga Cemetery in St. Charles. Hoff Funeral Home's - St. Charles Chapel was in charge of arrangements.