"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, June 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
- 4:57:51, Jun 25th 2015 - james1952 - It seems to me that most of the folks that have made comments on the lett ... [Read More]
Do you text & drive?
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
R. Wayne Harrison, 85, of St. Charles died November 2, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Wayne was born September 30, 1917 in Fillmore County to Clinton and Agnes (McKay) Harrison. He served in the Army infantry during WWII, stationed in the Pacific Theatre. He and Bernice Ferden were married April 19, 1945 at North Prairie. They farmed on the family farm in Saratoga Township from 1946 - 1963. In 1963 they moved to St. Charles and Wayne worked as a custodian at St. Charles Elementary School until retiring in 1983. He was a member of Faith Lutheran Church of St. Charles where he was past president of the church council and was active in it's men's group. Wayne was also an active member of the St. Charles Veterans of Foreign War, serving as an officer and on the firing squad. He also was involved with the Senior Citizen RSVP Program, Sons of Norway and Card Clubs. Wayne enjoyed gardening and many trips with family and friends. Survivors include his wife Bernice, three daughters, Sharon (Curt) Vreeman and Dianne Harrison both of St. Charles and Janell (Kenneth) Kraut of Spring Valley, five grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, three brothers Lyle (Bev) of LaCrescent, Roger (Mary Ann) of Paso Roble, California, and David (Mary Jane) of St. Charles, three sisters Helen Cocker of Rochester, Theo (Roy) Hazel of Lanesboro and Margaret Ischer of Port Washington, OR. One son Jerald Wayne, a grandson Roderick, two sisters and three brothers preceded him in death. Funeral Services Nov 6, 2002 at Faith Lutheran Church in St. Charles with Pastor Ramie Bakken officiating. Burial was at Saratoga Cemetery in St. Charles. Hoff Funeral Home's - St. Charles Chapel was in charge of arrangements.