"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
R. Wayne Harrison, 85, of St. Charles died November 2, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Wayne was born September 30, 1917 in Fillmore County to Clinton and Agnes (McKay) Harrison. He served in the Army infantry during WWII, stationed in the Pacific Theatre. He and Bernice Ferden were married April 19, 1945 at North Prairie. They farmed on the family farm in Saratoga Township from 1946 - 1963. In 1963 they moved to St. Charles and Wayne worked as a custodian at St. Charles Elementary School until retiring in 1983. He was a member of Faith Lutheran Church of St. Charles where he was past president of the church council and was active in it's men's group. Wayne was also an active member of the St. Charles Veterans of Foreign War, serving as an officer and on the firing squad. He also was involved with the Senior Citizen RSVP Program, Sons of Norway and Card Clubs. Wayne enjoyed gardening and many trips with family and friends. Survivors include his wife Bernice, three daughters, Sharon (Curt) Vreeman and Dianne Harrison both of St. Charles and Janell (Kenneth) Kraut of Spring Valley, five grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, three brothers Lyle (Bev) of LaCrescent, Roger (Mary Ann) of Paso Roble, California, and David (Mary Jane) of St. Charles, three sisters Helen Cocker of Rochester, Theo (Roy) Hazel of Lanesboro and Margaret Ischer of Port Washington, OR. One son Jerald Wayne, a grandson Roderick, two sisters and three brothers preceded him in death. Funeral Services Nov 6, 2002 at Faith Lutheran Church in St. Charles with Pastor Ramie Bakken officiating. Burial was at Saratoga Cemetery in St. Charles. Hoff Funeral Home's - St. Charles Chapel was in charge of arrangements.