"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:15:19, Dec 28th 2014 - country girl - Right on! ... [Read More]
- 5:30:05, Dec 28th 2014 - not happy - Nope ... [Read More]
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
R. Wayne Harrison, 85, of St. Charles died November 2, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
Wayne was born September 30, 1917 in Fillmore County to Clinton and Agnes (McKay) Harrison. He served in the Army infantry during WWII, stationed in the Pacific Theatre. He and Bernice Ferden were married April 19, 1945 at North Prairie. They farmed on the family farm in Saratoga Township from 1946 - 1963. In 1963 they moved to St. Charles and Wayne worked as a custodian at St. Charles Elementary School until retiring in 1983. He was a member of Faith Lutheran Church of St. Charles where he was past president of the church council and was active in it's men's group. Wayne was also an active member of the St. Charles Veterans of Foreign War, serving as an officer and on the firing squad. He also was involved with the Senior Citizen RSVP Program, Sons of Norway and Card Clubs. Wayne enjoyed gardening and many trips with family and friends. Survivors include his wife Bernice, three daughters, Sharon (Curt) Vreeman and Dianne Harrison both of St. Charles and Janell (Kenneth) Kraut of Spring Valley, five grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, three brothers Lyle (Bev) of LaCrescent, Roger (Mary Ann) of Paso Roble, California, and David (Mary Jane) of St. Charles, three sisters Helen Cocker of Rochester, Theo (Roy) Hazel of Lanesboro and Margaret Ischer of Port Washington, OR. One son Jerald Wayne, a grandson Roderick, two sisters and three brothers preceded him in death. Funeral Services Nov 6, 2002 at Faith Lutheran Church in St. Charles with Pastor Ramie Bakken officiating. Burial was at Saratoga Cemetery in St. Charles. Hoff Funeral Home's - St. Charles Chapel was in charge of arrangements.