"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, September 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lyle Palmer Peterson, 54, of Winona, formerly of Whalan, died Nov. 4, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital.
Born July 23, 1948, in Lanesboro, he grew up in Whalan and graduated from Lanesboro High School. After serving in the Army for two years, including a tour of duty in Vietnam, he attended Winona Technical College. In 1970 he began working for the city of Winona as a civil engineering technician and continued to work for the city until the time of his death. He married Ruthmary Seibert and they were later divorced. Mr. Peterson was a member of Whalan Lutheran Church and Whalan American Legion. Survivors include a daughter, Gina (Shawn) Wibben of Winona; three grandchildren; a brother, Dale (Susan) of Rochester; a sister, Jean (Jerome) Halverson of Lanesboro; and his fiance, Kathy Gerth of Winona. His parents and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Lyle Palmer Peterson was Nov. 8, 2002 at the Lutheran Church in Whalan, with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Home in Rushford was in charge of arrangements.