"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
- 1:46:02, Jan 25th 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever and neighbor, what do you think you're trying to accomplish ... [Read More]
- 1:45:40, Jan 24th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - Or MAYBE people should accept the fact that you can't always win ... [Read More]
- 11:30:37, Jan 24th 2015 - neighbor - Fountainfarmer....residents of this street have taken it to the city coun ... [Read More]
- 2:04:25, Jan 23rd 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever seems like the type of person who will rant and rave on new ... [Read More]
- 1:39:29, Jan 23rd 2015 - Two dogs - or maybe FC should recruit some better athletes or get ones that like to w ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
Yes, we have had some cold weather for October and now into November, but I guess all of us older ones will never forget November 11, 1940, our terrible Armistice's Day storm. There is one thing in life that none of us, not one person can change and that is the weather. It was cold and some days wet, but hope most of the corn has been harvested. Years ago there wasn't any weather forecast like there is now days (they don't always get it right), but we can kind of go by what they say and get some things done outside before it snows. I think we will have a nice warm November. Here's hoping!
---- Chuckle The children had all been photographed and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture. "Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say: "There's Anne, she's married, or that's Billy, he's a sailor." A small voice in the back of the room added: "And there's Teacher - she's dead." ---- My wife and I were traveling through and Ozarks and got into a big argument. We didn't speak for probably an hour. We passed by a pasture that had a mule in it and I said to her, "Is that some of your relation?" She said, "By marriage!" ---- It takes two kinds of people to make the world - poets to write about autumn's glories and the rest of us to rake them. ---- Stupidity won't kill you, but it can make you sweat. ---- One good thing about silence is that it can't be repeated. ---- I baked a cake and liked the taste when I consumed a slice, but when I shared some with a friend it tasted twice as nice. ---- Hint 1. To make good popcorn balls use the same recipe you do for Rice Krispies bars, they are so good. 2. If you are out of marshmallow creme, melt 32 large marshmallows in 1/3 cup of milk,. This equals 1 pint of marshmallow creme. ---- Someday There's a loving letter, I mean to send, there's a visit, I mean to pay there's a careless habit, I hope to mend, when I get time, someday. There's a dusty Bible, I mean to read, there's an hour, I'll keep to pray, and I'll turn each dream to a golden deed, when I get time, someday. So we've thought, and so we're said, yet, how sad to relate that busy with less important things we're waiting until, too late. We'll never find the time, dear friend, to be kind, along life's way, lest we thoughtfully and prayerfully make the most of every day. ---- Until next week, Annabelle Unusual Cranberry Salad 2 pkgs cherry gelatin 2 cups hot water 1 cup juices and water (drain fruit, add water to make 1 cup) 1/2 tsp strawberry flavoring 1/2 tsp pineapple flavoring 1 10 oz pkg frozen strawberries 1 13 1/2 oz can crushed pineapple 2 cans whole cranberry sauce12 large marshmallows Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water. Drain the thawed frozen strawberries and pineapple and add water to make 1 cup liquid and add to gelatin. Add flavorings, chill the gelatin until it starts to congeal, then add the berries, crushed pineapple, and cranberry sauce and diced marshmallows. Return to refrigerator until set.