"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 8th, 2002
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
Yes, we have had some cold weather for October and now into November, but I guess all of us older ones will never forget November 11, 1940, our terrible Armistice's Day storm. There is one thing in life that none of us, not one person can change and that is the weather. It was cold and some days wet, but hope most of the corn has been harvested. Years ago there wasn't any weather forecast like there is now days (they don't always get it right), but we can kind of go by what they say and get some things done outside before it snows. I think we will have a nice warm November. Here's hoping!
---- Chuckle The children had all been photographed and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture. "Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say: "There's Anne, she's married, or that's Billy, he's a sailor." A small voice in the back of the room added: "And there's Teacher - she's dead." ---- My wife and I were traveling through and Ozarks and got into a big argument. We didn't speak for probably an hour. We passed by a pasture that had a mule in it and I said to her, "Is that some of your relation?" She said, "By marriage!" ---- It takes two kinds of people to make the world - poets to write about autumn's glories and the rest of us to rake them. ---- Stupidity won't kill you, but it can make you sweat. ---- One good thing about silence is that it can't be repeated. ---- I baked a cake and liked the taste when I consumed a slice, but when I shared some with a friend it tasted twice as nice. ---- Hint 1. To make good popcorn balls use the same recipe you do for Rice Krispies bars, they are so good. 2. If you are out of marshmallow creme, melt 32 large marshmallows in 1/3 cup of milk,. This equals 1 pint of marshmallow creme. ---- Someday There's a loving letter, I mean to send, there's a visit, I mean to pay there's a careless habit, I hope to mend, when I get time, someday. There's a dusty Bible, I mean to read, there's an hour, I'll keep to pray, and I'll turn each dream to a golden deed, when I get time, someday. So we've thought, and so we're said, yet, how sad to relate that busy with less important things we're waiting until, too late. We'll never find the time, dear friend, to be kind, along life's way, lest we thoughtfully and prayerfully make the most of every day. ---- Until next week, Annabelle Unusual Cranberry Salad 2 pkgs cherry gelatin 2 cups hot water 1 cup juices and water (drain fruit, add water to make 1 cup) 1/2 tsp strawberry flavoring 1/2 tsp pineapple flavoring 1 10 oz pkg frozen strawberries 1 13 1/2 oz can crushed pineapple 2 cans whole cranberry sauce12 large marshmallows Dissolve the gelatin in the hot water. Drain the thawed frozen strawberries and pineapple and add water to make 1 cup liquid and add to gelatin. Add flavorings, chill the gelatin until it starts to congeal, then add the berries, crushed pineapple, and cranberry sauce and diced marshmallows. Return to refrigerator until set.