"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Frances Leona Link, 79, of Spring Valley, died November 10, 2002 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
Frances Leona Westphal was born April 16, 1923, in Preston to Theodore and Katherine Westphal. On Sept. 28, 1940, she married Alvin Link in Lime Springs, Iowa. She had also lived in Lime Springs, Stewartville and Rochester. Mrs. Link worked for 4 Winds Parkview Cafe and retired from Elaine's Cafe. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary and enjoyed puzzles. Survivors include three sons, Robert of Spring Valley, Ray (Connie) of Rochester and Ronald of Preston; two daughters, Elaine (Dave) Horsman of Spring Valley and Linda (Dan) Strunge of Princeton, Minn.; 14 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Margaret Thompson of Spring Valley and Mable Hammersma of Cherry Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, a son, a grandson, eight brothers and a sister. The funeral was held Nov. 13, 2002 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.