"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Frances Leona Link, 79, of Spring Valley, died November 10, 2002 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
Frances Leona Westphal was born April 16, 1923, in Preston to Theodore and Katherine Westphal. On Sept. 28, 1940, she married Alvin Link in Lime Springs, Iowa. She had also lived in Lime Springs, Stewartville and Rochester. Mrs. Link worked for 4 Winds Parkview Cafe and retired from Elaine's Cafe. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary and enjoyed puzzles. Survivors include three sons, Robert of Spring Valley, Ray (Connie) of Rochester and Ronald of Preston; two daughters, Elaine (Dave) Horsman of Spring Valley and Linda (Dan) Strunge of Princeton, Minn.; 14 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Margaret Thompson of Spring Valley and Mable Hammersma of Cherry Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, a son, a grandson, eight brothers and a sister. The funeral was held Nov. 13, 2002 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.