"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Frances Leona Link, 79, of Spring Valley, died November 10, 2002 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
Frances Leona Westphal was born April 16, 1923, in Preston to Theodore and Katherine Westphal. On Sept. 28, 1940, she married Alvin Link in Lime Springs, Iowa. She had also lived in Lime Springs, Stewartville and Rochester. Mrs. Link worked for 4 Winds Parkview Cafe and retired from Elaine's Cafe. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary and enjoyed puzzles. Survivors include three sons, Robert of Spring Valley, Ray (Connie) of Rochester and Ronald of Preston; two daughters, Elaine (Dave) Horsman of Spring Valley and Linda (Dan) Strunge of Princeton, Minn.; 14 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Margaret Thompson of Spring Valley and Mable Hammersma of Cherry Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, a son, a grandson, eight brothers and a sister. The funeral was held Nov. 13, 2002 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.