"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Frances Leona Link, 79, of Spring Valley, died November 10, 2002 at Ostrander Nursing Home.
Frances Leona Westphal was born April 16, 1923, in Preston to Theodore and Katherine Westphal. On Sept. 28, 1940, she married Alvin Link in Lime Springs, Iowa. She had also lived in Lime Springs, Stewartville and Rochester. Mrs. Link worked for 4 Winds Parkview Cafe and retired from Elaine's Cafe. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary and enjoyed puzzles. Survivors include three sons, Robert of Spring Valley, Ray (Connie) of Rochester and Ronald of Preston; two daughters, Elaine (Dave) Horsman of Spring Valley and Linda (Dan) Strunge of Princeton, Minn.; 14 grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Margaret Thompson of Spring Valley and Mable Hammersma of Cherry Grove. She was preceded in death by her husband, a son, a grandson, eight brothers and a sister. The funeral was held Nov. 13, 2002 at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.