"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna M. Manley, 87, of Spring Valley, formerly of Fillmore, died November 13, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna M. Clemons was born June 11, 1915, in rural Hubbard, Iowa, daughter of Archie and Clara (Howell) Celmons. She attended high school in Elvora, Iowa. On Sept. 29, 1934, she married Manford Manley in New Providence, Iowa, and they lived in Fillmore. She was a homemaker. Her husband died July 4, 1996, and she moved to Hillside Apartments in Spring Valley in the fall of 1996. She was a member of Fillmore Free Methodist Church and enjoyed gardening and traveling. Survivors include a sister, Maxine (Donald) Danneman of Burlington, Iowa; and a brother, Ronald (Vicky) Clemons of Phoenix, Ariz. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral will be held Nov. 19, 2002 at the Fillmore Free Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mike Hopper officiating. Burial will be in Fillmore Cemetery. Friends may call from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church.