"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, June 19th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:04, Jun 18th 2013 - cabraden1 - I salute you Colonel Overland. Your were my c.o. at Rockville Naval Air ... [Read More]
- 7:10:46, Jun 13th 2013 - chipperlee - Seems to be a well written article, except maybe Silica Sand is used in ... [Read More]
- 12:02:15, Jun 9th 2013 - getthefacts - The problem here lies in the fact that girls were repeatedly told "if y ... [Read More]
- 10:45:32, Jun 7th 2013 - Jo mom for 6yrs - Mr. Ehler hit the nail on the head. I agree with the religious con ... [Read More]
- 2:47:58, Jun 7th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 9:06:21, Jun 6th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 2:05:29, Jun 6th 2013 - Kim Wentworth - The number one rule in a debate: 1) if the person from the opposite si ... [Read More]
- 12:42:18, Jun 4th 2013 - EW - For someone that is always spouting religious rhetoric, you try to come off as a ... [Read More]
- 11:32:18, May 31st 2013 - JO PLAYER - This is unfair to us girls. Morrie Miller is not getting canceled but J ... [Read More]
- 8:25:34, May 29th 2013 - RP - Why is Mr. Ehler involving himself with non-school activities? Is he going after ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna M. Manley, 87, of Spring Valley, formerly of Fillmore, died November 13, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna M. Clemons was born June 11, 1915, in rural Hubbard, Iowa, daughter of Archie and Clara (Howell) Celmons. She attended high school in Elvora, Iowa. On Sept. 29, 1934, she married Manford Manley in New Providence, Iowa, and they lived in Fillmore. She was a homemaker. Her husband died July 4, 1996, and she moved to Hillside Apartments in Spring Valley in the fall of 1996. She was a member of Fillmore Free Methodist Church and enjoyed gardening and traveling. Survivors include a sister, Maxine (Donald) Danneman of Burlington, Iowa; and a brother, Ronald (Vicky) Clemons of Phoenix, Ariz. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral will be held Nov. 19, 2002 at the Fillmore Free Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mike Hopper officiating. Burial will be in Fillmore Cemetery. Friends may call from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church.