"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 13th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna M. Manley, 87, of Spring Valley, formerly of Fillmore, died November 13, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna M. Clemons was born June 11, 1915, in rural Hubbard, Iowa, daughter of Archie and Clara (Howell) Celmons. She attended high school in Elvora, Iowa. On Sept. 29, 1934, she married Manford Manley in New Providence, Iowa, and they lived in Fillmore. She was a homemaker. Her husband died July 4, 1996, and she moved to Hillside Apartments in Spring Valley in the fall of 1996. She was a member of Fillmore Free Methodist Church and enjoyed gardening and traveling. Survivors include a sister, Maxine (Donald) Danneman of Burlington, Iowa; and a brother, Ronald (Vicky) Clemons of Phoenix, Ariz. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral will be held Nov. 19, 2002 at the Fillmore Free Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mike Hopper officiating. Burial will be in Fillmore Cemetery. Friends may call from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church.