"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna M. Manley, 87, of Spring Valley, formerly of Fillmore, died November 13, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna M. Clemons was born June 11, 1915, in rural Hubbard, Iowa, daughter of Archie and Clara (Howell) Celmons. She attended high school in Elvora, Iowa. On Sept. 29, 1934, she married Manford Manley in New Providence, Iowa, and they lived in Fillmore. She was a homemaker. Her husband died July 4, 1996, and she moved to Hillside Apartments in Spring Valley in the fall of 1996. She was a member of Fillmore Free Methodist Church and enjoyed gardening and traveling. Survivors include a sister, Maxine (Donald) Danneman of Burlington, Iowa; and a brother, Ronald (Vicky) Clemons of Phoenix, Ariz. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral will be held Nov. 19, 2002 at the Fillmore Free Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mike Hopper officiating. Burial will be in Fillmore Cemetery. Friends may call from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church.