"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:04:35, Dec 20th 2014 - jfc - Peace on Earth? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, al ... [Read More]
- 8:43:29, Dec 20th 2014 - Wow! - Fountainfarmer I am not trying to debate here just simply stating more homewor ... [Read More]
- 7:37:34, Dec 19th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - HE IS A CLASS ACT AND APPARENTLY HIS WIFE IS ALSO. ENJOY RETIREMENT TOG ... [Read More]
- 12:39:46, Dec 19th 2014 - Vegaia - Peace? "Aren't humans amazing? They kill wildlife - birds, deer, all kin ... [Read More]
- 9:29:07, Dec 19th 2014 - email@example.com - Rest in Peace Daryl. Classmate of 73, Judy ... [Read More]
- 11:39:12, Dec 17th 2014 - SgtRock - I guess I hit a sore spot. The comments Jeff made in his article are his ... [Read More]
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 15th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Verna M. Manley, 87, of Spring Valley, formerly of Fillmore, died November 13, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Verna M. Clemons was born June 11, 1915, in rural Hubbard, Iowa, daughter of Archie and Clara (Howell) Celmons. She attended high school in Elvora, Iowa. On Sept. 29, 1934, she married Manford Manley in New Providence, Iowa, and they lived in Fillmore. She was a homemaker. Her husband died July 4, 1996, and she moved to Hillside Apartments in Spring Valley in the fall of 1996. She was a member of Fillmore Free Methodist Church and enjoyed gardening and traveling. Survivors include a sister, Maxine (Donald) Danneman of Burlington, Iowa; and a brother, Ronald (Vicky) Clemons of Phoenix, Ariz. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral will be held Nov. 19, 2002 at the Fillmore Free Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mike Hopper officiating. Burial will be in Fillmore Cemetery. Friends may call from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley and an hour before the service Tuesday at the church.