"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 20th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
- 11:22:49, Oct 18th 2014 - agree - Fact says has a great point. Money is at the root of the problems in high sc ... [Read More]
- 5:24:15, Oct 17th 2014 - FC concern - To FC Nobody: Just means you have smart bullies. Take your blinders of ... [Read More]
- 7:09:36, Oct 17th 2014 - - There was no flood water in the Rushford school . ... [Read More]
- 7:02:40, Oct 17th 2014 - fact - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not ... [Read More]
- 6:56:33, Oct 17th 2014 - - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not help ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melva H. Swenson, 97, a former Ostrander homemaker, died Nov. 19, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center, where she had lived since May 11, 1992.
Melva H. Week was born May 26, 1905, in Spring Valley to Renhart Week and Mina (Aslakson) Week. She attended Spring Valley schools. On Aug. 13, 1929, she married Irving Swenson in Rochester. He died Oct. 21, 1983. Survivors include two daughters, Connie (Carl) Koball of Spring Valley and Zona Gail (Bill) Herber of Rochester; seven grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Ragna Oliver of Rochester. Two brothers and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Melva H. Swenson was Nov. 23, 2002 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Bear Creek Lutheran Cemetery in rural Grand Meadow. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.