"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melva H. Swenson, 97, a former Ostrander homemaker, died Nov. 19, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center, where she had lived since May 11, 1992.
Melva H. Week was born May 26, 1905, in Spring Valley to Renhart Week and Mina (Aslakson) Week. She attended Spring Valley schools. On Aug. 13, 1929, she married Irving Swenson in Rochester. He died Oct. 21, 1983. Survivors include two daughters, Connie (Carl) Koball of Spring Valley and Zona Gail (Bill) Herber of Rochester; seven grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Ragna Oliver of Rochester. Two brothers and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Melva H. Swenson was Nov. 23, 2002 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Bear Creek Lutheran Cemetery in rural Grand Meadow. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.