"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melva H. Swenson, 97, a former Ostrander homemaker, died Nov. 19, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center, where she had lived since May 11, 1992.
Melva H. Week was born May 26, 1905, in Spring Valley to Renhart Week and Mina (Aslakson) Week. She attended Spring Valley schools. On Aug. 13, 1929, she married Irving Swenson in Rochester. He died Oct. 21, 1983. Survivors include two daughters, Connie (Carl) Koball of Spring Valley and Zona Gail (Bill) Herber of Rochester; seven grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Ragna Oliver of Rochester. Two brothers and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Melva H. Swenson was Nov. 23, 2002 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Bear Creek Lutheran Cemetery in rural Grand Meadow. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.