"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melva H. Swenson, 97, a former Ostrander homemaker, died Nov. 19, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center, where she had lived since May 11, 1992.
Melva H. Week was born May 26, 1905, in Spring Valley to Renhart Week and Mina (Aslakson) Week. She attended Spring Valley schools. On Aug. 13, 1929, she married Irving Swenson in Rochester. He died Oct. 21, 1983. Survivors include two daughters, Connie (Carl) Koball of Spring Valley and Zona Gail (Bill) Herber of Rochester; seven grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and a sister, Ragna Oliver of Rochester. Two brothers and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Melva H. Swenson was Nov. 23, 2002 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ostrander, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in Bear Creek Lutheran Cemetery in rural Grand Meadow. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.