"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:55:44, Aug 1st 2014 - Eagle - I agree with many of the points you have brought up. I do not consider myself ... [Read More]
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Myrtle T. Meyer, 90, of Preston Good Samaritan Center, formerly of Fountain, died November 17, 2002 at the care center, where she had lived for the past six years.
Myrtle T. Syverud was born Sept. 12, 1919, in rural Fountain, moved to Boyd, Minn., when she was 2 years old and returned to the Fountain area when she was 16. On Oct. 7, 1930, she married Cyrus Rain in Fountain. He died in February 1958. She married Edwin Meyer on Nov. 7, 1970, in Fountain, and he died Nov. 14, 1990. Mrs. Meyer was a homemaker and had also worked for the Preston school district as a cook and at Preston Good Samaritan Center. She was a member of Root Prairie Lutheran Church and Farm Bureau. Survivors include a son, Roger Rain of rural Lanesboro; a daughter, Ruth Ann (Peter) Bungum of Anamosa, Iowa; three stepsons, Donald (Myrdene) Meyer of Owatonna, William (Barbara) Meyer of Sister Bay, Wis., and James (Anne) Meyer of La Crosse, Wis.; a stepdaughter, Janice Schuster of Eagan, Minn.; 14 grandchildren; 10 stepgrandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; 19 stepgreat-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by two sons, a brother, a sister, a grandson and a stepgrandson. The funeral was Nov. 20, 2001 at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Fountain, with the Rev. James Rushton of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.