"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Myrtle T. Meyer, 90, of Preston Good Samaritan Center, formerly of Fountain, died November 17, 2002 at the care center, where she had lived for the past six years.
Myrtle T. Syverud was born Sept. 12, 1919, in rural Fountain, moved to Boyd, Minn., when she was 2 years old and returned to the Fountain area when she was 16. On Oct. 7, 1930, she married Cyrus Rain in Fountain. He died in February 1958. She married Edwin Meyer on Nov. 7, 1970, in Fountain, and he died Nov. 14, 1990. Mrs. Meyer was a homemaker and had also worked for the Preston school district as a cook and at Preston Good Samaritan Center. She was a member of Root Prairie Lutheran Church and Farm Bureau. Survivors include a son, Roger Rain of rural Lanesboro; a daughter, Ruth Ann (Peter) Bungum of Anamosa, Iowa; three stepsons, Donald (Myrdene) Meyer of Owatonna, William (Barbara) Meyer of Sister Bay, Wis., and James (Anne) Meyer of La Crosse, Wis.; a stepdaughter, Janice Schuster of Eagan, Minn.; 14 grandchildren; 10 stepgrandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; 19 stepgreat-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by two sons, a brother, a sister, a grandson and a stepgrandson. The funeral was Nov. 20, 2001 at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Fountain, with the Rev. James Rushton of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.