"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Myrtle T. Meyer, 90, of Preston Good Samaritan Center, formerly of Fountain, died November 17, 2002 at the care center, where she had lived for the past six years.
Myrtle T. Syverud was born Sept. 12, 1919, in rural Fountain, moved to Boyd, Minn., when she was 2 years old and returned to the Fountain area when she was 16. On Oct. 7, 1930, she married Cyrus Rain in Fountain. He died in February 1958. She married Edwin Meyer on Nov. 7, 1970, in Fountain, and he died Nov. 14, 1990. Mrs. Meyer was a homemaker and had also worked for the Preston school district as a cook and at Preston Good Samaritan Center. She was a member of Root Prairie Lutheran Church and Farm Bureau. Survivors include a son, Roger Rain of rural Lanesboro; a daughter, Ruth Ann (Peter) Bungum of Anamosa, Iowa; three stepsons, Donald (Myrdene) Meyer of Owatonna, William (Barbara) Meyer of Sister Bay, Wis., and James (Anne) Meyer of La Crosse, Wis.; a stepdaughter, Janice Schuster of Eagan, Minn.; 14 grandchildren; 10 stepgrandchildren; 28 great-grandchildren; 19 stepgreat-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by two sons, a brother, a sister, a grandson and a stepgrandson. The funeral was Nov. 20, 2001 at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Fountain, with the Rev. James Rushton of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.