"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
- 5:53:10, Apr 28th 2016 - Semn - LOLZ, your the troll! ... [Read More]
- 10:18:05, Apr 27th 2016 - Paul - Not sure either party can say their system is perfect. Remember about throwin ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Col. Robert R. Johnston, 83, of Stockton, Mo., formerly of Chatfield and the Rochester area, died Nov. 14, 2002 at South Cox Medical Center in Springfield, Mo.
He was born May 4, 1919, in Keokuk, Iowa, and grew up in Albert Lea. He attended Beloit College in Beloit, Wis., and in 1941 joined the U.S. Air Force. On Jan. 17, 1942, he married Virginia Mae Allen. She died Dec. 8, 1993. He was a pilot trainer in Fla. and later stationed in Peru, Germany, North Africa, Washington, D.C., Chile, Long Island, N.Y., and lastly in Minneapolis, until his retirement in 1971. Col. Johnston and his family moved to the Rochester area, where he was involved in real estate, and eventually moved to rural Chatfield, where he managed agricultural lands. Since 1994 he had been living in Stockton, Mo. On Feb. 14, 1995, he married Joyce Levere. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Karen (Tildo) Roque of Homestead, Fla., Sudi (J.R.) Gatschenberger of Springfield, Ill., and Roberta (Richard) Aronson of Minnetonka, Minn.; one son James "Kit" (Jayne) Johnston of Chatfield; three stepchildren; nine grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren. A memorial service for retired Col. Robert R. Johnston was Nov. 22, 2002 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Donald Drury officiating. Burial will be in Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis on Nov. 25, 2002. The body was cremated. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of local arrangements.