"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Col. Robert R. Johnston, 83, of Stockton, Mo., formerly of Chatfield and the Rochester area, died Nov. 14, 2002 at South Cox Medical Center in Springfield, Mo.
He was born May 4, 1919, in Keokuk, Iowa, and grew up in Albert Lea. He attended Beloit College in Beloit, Wis., and in 1941 joined the U.S. Air Force. On Jan. 17, 1942, he married Virginia Mae Allen. She died Dec. 8, 1993. He was a pilot trainer in Fla. and later stationed in Peru, Germany, North Africa, Washington, D.C., Chile, Long Island, N.Y., and lastly in Minneapolis, until his retirement in 1971. Col. Johnston and his family moved to the Rochester area, where he was involved in real estate, and eventually moved to rural Chatfield, where he managed agricultural lands. Since 1994 he had been living in Stockton, Mo. On Feb. 14, 1995, he married Joyce Levere. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Karen (Tildo) Roque of Homestead, Fla., Sudi (J.R.) Gatschenberger of Springfield, Ill., and Roberta (Richard) Aronson of Minnetonka, Minn.; one son James "Kit" (Jayne) Johnston of Chatfield; three stepchildren; nine grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren. A memorial service for retired Col. Robert R. Johnston was Nov. 22, 2002 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Donald Drury officiating. Burial will be in Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis on Nov. 25, 2002. The body was cremated. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of local arrangements.