"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Col. Robert R. Johnston, 83, of Stockton, Mo., formerly of Chatfield and the Rochester area, died Nov. 14, 2002 at South Cox Medical Center in Springfield, Mo.
He was born May 4, 1919, in Keokuk, Iowa, and grew up in Albert Lea. He attended Beloit College in Beloit, Wis., and in 1941 joined the U.S. Air Force. On Jan. 17, 1942, he married Virginia Mae Allen. She died Dec. 8, 1993. He was a pilot trainer in Fla. and later stationed in Peru, Germany, North Africa, Washington, D.C., Chile, Long Island, N.Y., and lastly in Minneapolis, until his retirement in 1971. Col. Johnston and his family moved to the Rochester area, where he was involved in real estate, and eventually moved to rural Chatfield, where he managed agricultural lands. Since 1994 he had been living in Stockton, Mo. On Feb. 14, 1995, he married Joyce Levere. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Karen (Tildo) Roque of Homestead, Fla., Sudi (J.R.) Gatschenberger of Springfield, Ill., and Roberta (Richard) Aronson of Minnetonka, Minn.; one son James "Kit" (Jayne) Johnston of Chatfield; three stepchildren; nine grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren. A memorial service for retired Col. Robert R. Johnston was Nov. 22, 2002 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Donald Drury officiating. Burial will be in Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis on Nov. 25, 2002. The body was cremated. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of local arrangements.