"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Col. Robert R. Johnston, 83, of Stockton, Mo., formerly of Chatfield and the Rochester area, died Nov. 14, 2002 at South Cox Medical Center in Springfield, Mo.
He was born May 4, 1919, in Keokuk, Iowa, and grew up in Albert Lea. He attended Beloit College in Beloit, Wis., and in 1941 joined the U.S. Air Force. On Jan. 17, 1942, he married Virginia Mae Allen. She died Dec. 8, 1993. He was a pilot trainer in Fla. and later stationed in Peru, Germany, North Africa, Washington, D.C., Chile, Long Island, N.Y., and lastly in Minneapolis, until his retirement in 1971. Col. Johnston and his family moved to the Rochester area, where he was involved in real estate, and eventually moved to rural Chatfield, where he managed agricultural lands. Since 1994 he had been living in Stockton, Mo. On Feb. 14, 1995, he married Joyce Levere. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Karen (Tildo) Roque of Homestead, Fla., Sudi (J.R.) Gatschenberger of Springfield, Ill., and Roberta (Richard) Aronson of Minnetonka, Minn.; one son James "Kit" (Jayne) Johnston of Chatfield; three stepchildren; nine grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren. A memorial service for retired Col. Robert R. Johnston was Nov. 22, 2002 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Donald Drury officiating. Burial will be in Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis on Nov. 25, 2002. The body was cremated. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of local arrangements.