"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Col. Robert R. Johnston, 83, of Stockton, Mo., formerly of Chatfield and the Rochester area, died Nov. 14, 2002 at South Cox Medical Center in Springfield, Mo.
He was born May 4, 1919, in Keokuk, Iowa, and grew up in Albert Lea. He attended Beloit College in Beloit, Wis., and in 1941 joined the U.S. Air Force. On Jan. 17, 1942, he married Virginia Mae Allen. She died Dec. 8, 1993. He was a pilot trainer in Fla. and later stationed in Peru, Germany, North Africa, Washington, D.C., Chile, Long Island, N.Y., and lastly in Minneapolis, until his retirement in 1971. Col. Johnston and his family moved to the Rochester area, where he was involved in real estate, and eventually moved to rural Chatfield, where he managed agricultural lands. Since 1994 he had been living in Stockton, Mo. On Feb. 14, 1995, he married Joyce Levere. Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Karen (Tildo) Roque of Homestead, Fla., Sudi (J.R.) Gatschenberger of Springfield, Ill., and Roberta (Richard) Aronson of Minnetonka, Minn.; one son James "Kit" (Jayne) Johnston of Chatfield; three stepchildren; nine grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren. A memorial service for retired Col. Robert R. Johnston was Nov. 22, 2002 at Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Donald Drury officiating. Burial will be in Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minneapolis on Nov. 25, 2002. The body was cremated. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of local arrangements.