"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dean A. Johnson, 56, of Byron, a baker, died of cancer Nov. 13, 2002, at Seasons Hospice following a lengthy illness.
He was born April 12, 1946, in Preston and graduated from Harmony High School in 1964. He was a cook after high school, served in the Army from 1965 to 1967 and was a Fillmore County deputy sheriff from 1968 to 1975. Mr. Johnson then moved to Houston, Texas, where he was head baker at Methodist Hospital, and in August 2002 moved to Byron. He was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church of Harmony, Masonic Lodge 36 of Preston and Stewartville American Legion Post 164. Survivors include two sisters, Lonna (Kenneth) Kerns of Byron and Lori (Bob) Martinek of Cresco, Iowa; and two brothers, his twin, Dale (Mick) of Stewartville and "Snook" (Arlene) of Canton. His parents preceded him in death. A memorial service for Dean A. Johnson was Nov. 16, 2002 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. James Radatz officiating. Johnson Funeral Home Services in Rochester was in charge of arrangements.