"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dean A. Johnson, 56, of Byron, a baker, died of cancer Nov. 13, 2002, at Seasons Hospice following a lengthy illness.
He was born April 12, 1946, in Preston and graduated from Harmony High School in 1964. He was a cook after high school, served in the Army from 1965 to 1967 and was a Fillmore County deputy sheriff from 1968 to 1975. Mr. Johnson then moved to Houston, Texas, where he was head baker at Methodist Hospital, and in August 2002 moved to Byron. He was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church of Harmony, Masonic Lodge 36 of Preston and Stewartville American Legion Post 164. Survivors include two sisters, Lonna (Kenneth) Kerns of Byron and Lori (Bob) Martinek of Cresco, Iowa; and two brothers, his twin, Dale (Mick) of Stewartville and "Snook" (Arlene) of Canton. His parents preceded him in death. A memorial service for Dean A. Johnson was Nov. 16, 2002 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. James Radatz officiating. Johnson Funeral Home Services in Rochester was in charge of arrangements.