"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dean A. Johnson, 56, of Byron, a baker, died of cancer Nov. 13, 2002, at Seasons Hospice following a lengthy illness.
He was born April 12, 1946, in Preston and graduated from Harmony High School in 1964. He was a cook after high school, served in the Army from 1965 to 1967 and was a Fillmore County deputy sheriff from 1968 to 1975. Mr. Johnson then moved to Houston, Texas, where he was head baker at Methodist Hospital, and in August 2002 moved to Byron. He was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church of Harmony, Masonic Lodge 36 of Preston and Stewartville American Legion Post 164. Survivors include two sisters, Lonna (Kenneth) Kerns of Byron and Lori (Bob) Martinek of Cresco, Iowa; and two brothers, his twin, Dale (Mick) of Stewartville and "Snook" (Arlene) of Canton. His parents preceded him in death. A memorial service for Dean A. Johnson was Nov. 16, 2002 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. James Radatz officiating. Johnson Funeral Home Services in Rochester was in charge of arrangements.