"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 21st, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dean A. Johnson, 56, of Byron, a baker, died of cancer Nov. 13, 2002, at Seasons Hospice following a lengthy illness.
He was born April 12, 1946, in Preston and graduated from Harmony High School in 1964. He was a cook after high school, served in the Army from 1965 to 1967 and was a Fillmore County deputy sheriff from 1968 to 1975. Mr. Johnson then moved to Houston, Texas, where he was head baker at Methodist Hospital, and in August 2002 moved to Byron. He was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church of Harmony, Masonic Lodge 36 of Preston and Stewartville American Legion Post 164. Survivors include two sisters, Lonna (Kenneth) Kerns of Byron and Lori (Bob) Martinek of Cresco, Iowa; and two brothers, his twin, Dale (Mick) of Stewartville and "Snook" (Arlene) of Canton. His parents preceded him in death. A memorial service for Dean A. Johnson was Nov. 16, 2002 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. James Radatz officiating. Johnson Funeral Home Services in Rochester was in charge of arrangements.