"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:06:21, Dec 3rd 2016 - SV85 - Well, well, Hawkeye63 now seems to think he is a Biblical scholar---typical ri ... [Read More]
- 1:12:44, Dec 3rd 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63 I am curious if you would mind going through the list of c ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
- 6:13:52, Nov 29th 2016 - Kyle - Great post! I took some piano lessons when I was young, and always wanted to ... [Read More]
- 7:52:32, Nov 28th 2016 - Mario Bruneau - Jonathan made a wise decision to learn piano tuning as it is a field ... [Read More]
- 6:01:39, Nov 22nd 2016 - Al-Hajji Frederick H Minshall - "Barn cats" are an absolutely HORRIBLE idea: Every ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Malinda J. Gilbert, 96, of Chatfield, formerly of Rhinelander, WI and Clinton, IA died Nov 19, 2002 at the Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
She was born on Sept. 11, 1906 in Clinton, IA, the daughter of Herman and Marie (Hoffman) Jahn. She married Orville R. Gilbert on March 3, 1933. He preceded her in death in 1959. She was a former member of the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan. She enjoyed quilt making and other creative crafts. Surviving are her daughters, Elaine Mayer of Cedar Rapids, IA, and Diane Knight of Whalan; sons, Leon of Santa Rosa, CA and Ivan of St. Paul; seven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; sisters, Elsie Von Thun and Caroline Andersen both of Camache, IA and Alvena Nemluvil of Rhinelander, WI; and a brother, Elmer Jahn of Hampton, IL. She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, three sisters, and four brothers. Services for Malinda J. Gilbert were held on Nov. 23, 2002 at the Nelson Heesch Funeral Home, Clinton, IA. Burial was in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.