"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:55:44, Aug 1st 2014 - Eagle - I agree with many of the points you have brought up. I do not consider myself ... [Read More]
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Malinda J. Gilbert, 96, of Chatfield, formerly of Rhinelander, WI and Clinton, IA died Nov 19, 2002 at the Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
She was born on Sept. 11, 1906 in Clinton, IA, the daughter of Herman and Marie (Hoffman) Jahn. She married Orville R. Gilbert on March 3, 1933. He preceded her in death in 1959. She was a former member of the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan. She enjoyed quilt making and other creative crafts. Surviving are her daughters, Elaine Mayer of Cedar Rapids, IA, and Diane Knight of Whalan; sons, Leon of Santa Rosa, CA and Ivan of St. Paul; seven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; sisters, Elsie Von Thun and Caroline Andersen both of Camache, IA and Alvena Nemluvil of Rhinelander, WI; and a brother, Elmer Jahn of Hampton, IL. She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, three sisters, and four brothers. Services for Malinda J. Gilbert were held on Nov. 23, 2002 at the Nelson Heesch Funeral Home, Clinton, IA. Burial was in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.