"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 22nd, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Malinda J. Gilbert, 96, of Chatfield, formerly of Rhinelander, WI and Clinton, IA died Nov 19, 2002 at the Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
She was born on Sept. 11, 1906 in Clinton, IA, the daughter of Herman and Marie (Hoffman) Jahn. She married Orville R. Gilbert on March 3, 1933. He preceded her in death in 1959. She was a former member of the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan. She enjoyed quilt making and other creative crafts. Surviving are her daughters, Elaine Mayer of Cedar Rapids, IA, and Diane Knight of Whalan; sons, Leon of Santa Rosa, CA and Ivan of St. Paul; seven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren; sisters, Elsie Von Thun and Caroline Andersen both of Camache, IA and Alvena Nemluvil of Rhinelander, WI; and a brother, Elmer Jahn of Hampton, IL. She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, three sisters, and four brothers. Services for Malinda J. Gilbert were held on Nov. 23, 2002 at the Nelson Heesch Funeral Home, Clinton, IA. Burial was in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.