"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, January 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:13:41, Jan 31st 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Neighbor......ever think the cop may have been on another call, and h ... [Read More]
- 9:27:51, Jan 31st 2015 - olcrammy - wow! i wanna be just like him! ... [Read More]
- 8:42:55, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Fountain farmer. We have tried everything! What r we to do! U know they st ... [Read More]
- 9:42:36, Jan 30th 2015 - FountainFarmer - neighbor, in your mind my comments might make me appear I want to st ... [Read More]
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
Do you support the Presidents proposal for the first two years of community college to be completely free?
Mon, Mar 14th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
In the Class 1AA girls' tourney, two county teams secured three seeds. Each faced a two-seed with a birth in the sub-section finals on the line. Neither moved on to face a one-seed. In the East, Chatfield couldn't get past the Lancers of La Crescent. The Gophers held a 29-23 halftime lead, but fell 64-59. Karen Sass again notched a double double (20 and 10). Erika LaPlante, the only Chatfield senior, scored 14. Three Lancers reached double figures, Jenna McDonough 18, Jen Michalke 15, and Jena Kadlec 14. The Goph's end the season 13-7 in the Three Rivers, 17-10 overall. In the West, Kingsland spotted Stewartville a 12-point first half lead and at one point (early in the second) trailed by 16. The Knights made a game of it (trailed by five with the ball and 50 seconds left), but lost 58-52. Molly Greiner led the way and finished out her high school career strong with a 20-point 7-rebound performance. Lindsay Tart hit 4-3's and scored 15. Cheyenne Losey had 11 points and 13 rebounds. Stewartville's attack was balanced; five gals scored eight or more. The Knights end the season 13-7 in the Three Rivers, 17-11 overall.