"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, June 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
- 4:57:51, Jun 25th 2015 - james1952 - It seems to me that most of the folks that have made comments on the lett ... [Read More]
Do you text & drive?
Mon, Mar 14th, 2011
Posted in Sports
Posted in Sports
In the Class 1AA girls' tourney, two county teams secured three seeds. Each faced a two-seed with a birth in the sub-section finals on the line. Neither moved on to face a one-seed. In the East, Chatfield couldn't get past the Lancers of La Crescent. The Gophers held a 29-23 halftime lead, but fell 64-59. Karen Sass again notched a double double (20 and 10). Erika LaPlante, the only Chatfield senior, scored 14. Three Lancers reached double figures, Jenna McDonough 18, Jen Michalke 15, and Jena Kadlec 14. The Goph's end the season 13-7 in the Three Rivers, 17-10 overall. In the West, Kingsland spotted Stewartville a 12-point first half lead and at one point (early in the second) trailed by 16. The Knights made a game of it (trailed by five with the ball and 50 seconds left), but lost 58-52. Molly Greiner led the way and finished out her high school career strong with a 20-point 7-rebound performance. Lindsay Tart hit 4-3's and scored 15. Cheyenne Losey had 11 points and 13 rebounds. Stewartville's attack was balanced; five gals scored eight or more. The Knights end the season 13-7 in the Three Rivers, 17-11 overall.