"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Jean Sutton, 57, of Preston, a restaurant worker, died of natural causes Nov. 23, 2002 at her home.
Joyce Jean Barber was born June 13, 1945, in Chatfield Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Erwin and Bernice (Fort) Barber. She worked in restaurants in Rochester for several years and later in Chicago. On Aug. 17, 1980, she married John "Jack" Sutton in Chicago, where they made their home. Her husband died in 1991, and she moved to Preston in November 1999. She was a member of the Preston American Legion Auxiliary. She is survived by two sisters, including Genevieve Mart of Bratsburg, and two brothers. Her parents and three brothers preceded her in death. A memorial service for Joyce Jean Sutton was Nov. 27, 2002 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. The body was cremated. Interment will be in Elm Lawn Memorial Park in Elmhurst, Ill., at a later date. Thauwald Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.