"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Jean Sutton, 57, of Preston, a restaurant worker, died of natural causes Nov. 23, 2002 at her home.
Joyce Jean Barber was born June 13, 1945, in Chatfield Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Erwin and Bernice (Fort) Barber. She worked in restaurants in Rochester for several years and later in Chicago. On Aug. 17, 1980, she married John "Jack" Sutton in Chicago, where they made their home. Her husband died in 1991, and she moved to Preston in November 1999. She was a member of the Preston American Legion Auxiliary. She is survived by two sisters, including Genevieve Mart of Bratsburg, and two brothers. Her parents and three brothers preceded her in death. A memorial service for Joyce Jean Sutton was Nov. 27, 2002 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. The body was cremated. Interment will be in Elm Lawn Memorial Park in Elmhurst, Ill., at a later date. Thauwald Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.