"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 25th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce Jean Sutton, 57, of Preston, a restaurant worker, died of natural causes Nov. 23, 2002 at her home.
Joyce Jean Barber was born June 13, 1945, in Chatfield Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Erwin and Bernice (Fort) Barber. She worked in restaurants in Rochester for several years and later in Chicago. On Aug. 17, 1980, she married John "Jack" Sutton in Chicago, where they made their home. Her husband died in 1991, and she moved to Preston in November 1999. She was a member of the Preston American Legion Auxiliary. She is survived by two sisters, including Genevieve Mart of Bratsburg, and two brothers. Her parents and three brothers preceded her in death. A memorial service for Joyce Jean Sutton was Nov. 27, 2002 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. The body was cremated. Interment will be in Elm Lawn Memorial Park in Elmhurst, Ill., at a later date. Thauwald Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.