"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
LeNora Harriet Prinsen, 85, a resident of the Harmony Care Center and formerly of Cherry Grove, died Nov. 22, 2002 at the care center.
LeNora Harriet Berning was born Feb. 5, 1917, in Bristol Township Fillmore County to Lee and Bertha (Prinsen) Berning. She grew up on a farm and attended Crystal Springs country school. She attended high school in Harmony for one year and graduated from high school in Preston. She completed Normal Training and taught country school for seven years. On Dec. 19, 1942, she married Edward Prinsen. The couple farmed for three years and then owned the grocery and feed store in Cherry Grove for many years. Mrs. Prinsen served lunches and waited on customers at the store and wrote the Cherry Grove news for the local papers for many years. She enjoyed music and played the violin, guitar and piano. She made bulletin covers and scrapbooks for her church. After retirement, she enjoyed crossword puzzles and an afternoon soap opera. Survivors include two sisters, Alma Dornink of Preston and Eleanor Thacher of Harmony Care Center. Her husband and daughter preceded her in death. The funeral was November 24, 2002 at Cherry Grove United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mark Rader officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home, Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.