"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 11th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:41:33, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV 85, I'm still waiting for a reply! Don't tell me you decided to take ... [Read More]
- 8:27:28, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Greetings Mark, I agree with much of your analysis, but to me it's reall ... [Read More]
- 11:49:51, Dec 9th 2016 - Mark Kottman - Conservative or liberal, both sides agree that some changes are needed ... [Read More]
- 6:43:37, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Jen, you really feel that way? Why? You must feel he accomplished somethi ... [Read More]
- 6:32:12, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, It is. I''ll reserve judjement and keep watching. ... [Read More]
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
LeNora Harriet Prinsen, 85, a resident of the Harmony Care Center and formerly of Cherry Grove, died Nov. 22, 2002 at the care center.
LeNora Harriet Berning was born Feb. 5, 1917, in Bristol Township Fillmore County to Lee and Bertha (Prinsen) Berning. She grew up on a farm and attended Crystal Springs country school. She attended high school in Harmony for one year and graduated from high school in Preston. She completed Normal Training and taught country school for seven years. On Dec. 19, 1942, she married Edward Prinsen. The couple farmed for three years and then owned the grocery and feed store in Cherry Grove for many years. Mrs. Prinsen served lunches and waited on customers at the store and wrote the Cherry Grove news for the local papers for many years. She enjoyed music and played the violin, guitar and piano. She made bulletin covers and scrapbooks for her church. After retirement, she enjoyed crossword puzzles and an afternoon soap opera. Survivors include two sisters, Alma Dornink of Preston and Eleanor Thacher of Harmony Care Center. Her husband and daughter preceded her in death. The funeral was November 24, 2002 at Cherry Grove United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Mark Rader officiating. Burial was in Greenleafton Cemetery. Hindt Hutchins Funeral Home, Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.