"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, May 19th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
- 2:22:20, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, how do you come up with $1.1 billion that trout fishing bri ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth J. McCallson, 87, of Lanesboro, a homemaker, died Nov. 22, 2002 at Franciscan Skemp Health Care Center in La Crosse, Wis., where she had been a patient one week.
Ruth J. Johnson was born Nov. 16, 1915, in Lenora, Fillmore County, and attended school through the sixth grade. On Jan. 3, 1937, she married Leonard Irvin McCallson. They lived in Lenora until 1942, then in rural Missouri until 1958, and later in French Island, Wis., Hokah, and in Apache Junction, Ariz., from 1992 to 1995. Her husband died Feb. 24, 1995. Mrs. McCallson had also lived in West Salem, Wis., La Crescent and Lanesboro before moving to Caledonia two years ago. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro and United Methodist Women. Survivors include four sons, Richard (Marlys) of rural Lanesboro, Virgil (Sharon) of Colorado Springs, Colo., Arden (Kathy) of Hokah and Stanley (Connie) of West Salem, Wis.; 13 grandchildren; and 32 great-grandchildren. A son, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. There was a memorial service for Ruth J. McCallson Nov 27, 2002 at the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Marilyn Loken officiating. Burial was in Newburg Cemetery in rural Mabel. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.