"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
- 4:44:20, Mar 27th 2015 - Thanks! - I have read your articles for quite awhile now, always amazed that you seem ... [Read More]
- 4:26:44, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, So what if the Bluff Valley Reader had an article ... [Read More]
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth J. McCallson, 87, of Lanesboro, a homemaker, died Nov. 22, 2002 at Franciscan Skemp Health Care Center in La Crosse, Wis., where she had been a patient one week.
Ruth J. Johnson was born Nov. 16, 1915, in Lenora, Fillmore County, and attended school through the sixth grade. On Jan. 3, 1937, she married Leonard Irvin McCallson. They lived in Lenora until 1942, then in rural Missouri until 1958, and later in French Island, Wis., Hokah, and in Apache Junction, Ariz., from 1992 to 1995. Her husband died Feb. 24, 1995. Mrs. McCallson had also lived in West Salem, Wis., La Crescent and Lanesboro before moving to Caledonia two years ago. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro and United Methodist Women. Survivors include four sons, Richard (Marlys) of rural Lanesboro, Virgil (Sharon) of Colorado Springs, Colo., Arden (Kathy) of Hokah and Stanley (Connie) of West Salem, Wis.; 13 grandchildren; and 32 great-grandchildren. A son, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. There was a memorial service for Ruth J. McCallson Nov 27, 2002 at the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Marilyn Loken officiating. Burial was in Newburg Cemetery in rural Mabel. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.