"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth J. McCallson, 87, of Lanesboro, a homemaker, died Nov. 22, 2002 at Franciscan Skemp Health Care Center in La Crosse, Wis., where she had been a patient one week.
Ruth J. Johnson was born Nov. 16, 1915, in Lenora, Fillmore County, and attended school through the sixth grade. On Jan. 3, 1937, she married Leonard Irvin McCallson. They lived in Lenora until 1942, then in rural Missouri until 1958, and later in French Island, Wis., Hokah, and in Apache Junction, Ariz., from 1992 to 1995. Her husband died Feb. 24, 1995. Mrs. McCallson had also lived in West Salem, Wis., La Crescent and Lanesboro before moving to Caledonia two years ago. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro and United Methodist Women. Survivors include four sons, Richard (Marlys) of rural Lanesboro, Virgil (Sharon) of Colorado Springs, Colo., Arden (Kathy) of Hokah and Stanley (Connie) of West Salem, Wis.; 13 grandchildren; and 32 great-grandchildren. A son, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. There was a memorial service for Ruth J. McCallson Nov 27, 2002 at the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Marilyn Loken officiating. Burial was in Newburg Cemetery in rural Mabel. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.