"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:19:22, Oct 29th 2014 - Proud of Jessie Street Java - What a great event, and hats off to Jessie Street Java ... [Read More]
- 5:07:18, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Huh....Kaase's son was a jailer then a part time deputy. If Tom wins i ... [Read More]
- 4:45:54, Oct 29th 2014 - Huh!!! - Bashing Mr. Miner over a failed gas station / grocery business in the little ... [Read More]
- 4:08:48, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Miner is a decent guy, but he doesn't have what it takes to be Sheriff ... [Read More]
- 11:50:32, Oct 29th 2014 - lets get this straight... - well concerned voter with your logic of thinking I would ... [Read More]
- 12:23:06, Oct 28th 2014 - Concerned Voter - Iknowsemn, you forgot to mention Tom Kasse's time on the Kingsland ... [Read More]
- 6:57:44, Oct 28th 2014 - whatever - So doc.....name them! ... [Read More]
- 9:14:13, Oct 27th 2014 - At remember - Don't worry, I highly doubt people are going to be taking advice from M ... [Read More]
- 1:20:47, Oct 27th 2014 - doc - Now and then I need a good chuckle. 97% of scientists disagree with you and you ... [Read More]
- 2:11:06, Oct 26th 2014 - Becky Hoff - I would just like to clarify that the Harmony Community Garden project ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth J. McCallson, 87, of Lanesboro, a homemaker, died Nov. 22, 2002 at Franciscan Skemp Health Care Center in La Crosse, Wis., where she had been a patient one week.
Ruth J. Johnson was born Nov. 16, 1915, in Lenora, Fillmore County, and attended school through the sixth grade. On Jan. 3, 1937, she married Leonard Irvin McCallson. They lived in Lenora until 1942, then in rural Missouri until 1958, and later in French Island, Wis., Hokah, and in Apache Junction, Ariz., from 1992 to 1995. Her husband died Feb. 24, 1995. Mrs. McCallson had also lived in West Salem, Wis., La Crescent and Lanesboro before moving to Caledonia two years ago. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro and United Methodist Women. Survivors include four sons, Richard (Marlys) of rural Lanesboro, Virgil (Sharon) of Colorado Springs, Colo., Arden (Kathy) of Hokah and Stanley (Connie) of West Salem, Wis.; 13 grandchildren; and 32 great-grandchildren. A son, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. There was a memorial service for Ruth J. McCallson Nov 27, 2002 at the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Marilyn Loken officiating. Burial was in Newburg Cemetery in rural Mabel. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.