"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 7th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
- 6:32:58, Feb 22nd 2014 - Journalreader - WOW is what i can say to this WOW. good job journal this is one heck ... [Read More]
- 2:05:11, Feb 21st 2014 - C1 - This is much worse then a hormone it is a foreign object being placed in your bo ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth J. McCallson, 87, of Lanesboro, a homemaker, died Nov. 22, 2002 at Franciscan Skemp Health Care Center in La Crosse, Wis., where she had been a patient one week.
Ruth J. Johnson was born Nov. 16, 1915, in Lenora, Fillmore County, and attended school through the sixth grade. On Jan. 3, 1937, she married Leonard Irvin McCallson. They lived in Lenora until 1942, then in rural Missouri until 1958, and later in French Island, Wis., Hokah, and in Apache Junction, Ariz., from 1992 to 1995. Her husband died Feb. 24, 1995. Mrs. McCallson had also lived in West Salem, Wis., La Crescent and Lanesboro before moving to Caledonia two years ago. She was a member of the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro and United Methodist Women. Survivors include four sons, Richard (Marlys) of rural Lanesboro, Virgil (Sharon) of Colorado Springs, Colo., Arden (Kathy) of Hokah and Stanley (Connie) of West Salem, Wis.; 13 grandchildren; and 32 great-grandchildren. A son, five brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. There was a memorial service for Ruth J. McCallson Nov 27, 2002 at the United Methodist Church in Lanesboro, with the Rev. Marilyn Loken officiating. Burial was in Newburg Cemetery in rural Mabel. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.