"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
Fri, Nov 29th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alexander “Alex” G. Black, 86, of Peterson, MN passed away on Nov. 23, 2002 at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Home in Rushford, MN.
Alex was born August 30, 1916 in LaCrosse, WI to Alexander G. and Eveline (Martinson) Black. Alex attended LaCrosse schools and graduated from Logan High School in 1934. He was inducted into the Army in May of 1941. He served with the 34th Division, also known as the Red Bull Division in African and Italian campaigns during WWII. Alex served a total of 49 months with 40 of those months overseas. He was honorably discharged in 1945. On June 21, 1947 he married Ruth E. Boyum in Peterson, MN. Alex worked at the Trane Co. in LaCrosse for 28 years retiring in 1981. He was a member of Grace Lutheran Church and the American Legion Post 526 in Peterson, MN. Alex loved the outdoors. He enjoyed gardening, hunting and fishing, especially fly-fishing for trout. Alex was also an avid Green Bay Packer fan. Survivors include his wife of 55 years, Ruth; son, Alan (Pam) Black of LaCrescent, MN; sister, Eveline Elving of Marysville, WA; niece, Sandy (Dennis) Evans and nephew, Richard (Veronica) Staats both of Marysville, WA. Alex was preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Ruth. Funeral services were Nov. 27, 2002 at Grace Lutheran Church in Peterson with Peter Huggenvik officiating. Burial was in the East Grace Cemetery in Peterson. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.