"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, February 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:26:11, Jan 31st 2015 - REDHORSE51 - I think after getting screwed by the Rushford School District, the City ... [Read More]
- 2:13:41, Jan 31st 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Neighbor......ever think the cop may have been on another call, and h ... [Read More]
- 9:27:51, Jan 31st 2015 - olcrammy - wow! i wanna be just like him! ... [Read More]
- 8:42:55, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Fountain farmer. We have tried everything! What r we to do! U know they st ... [Read More]
- 9:42:36, Jan 30th 2015 - FountainFarmer - neighbor, in your mind my comments might make me appear I want to st ... [Read More]
- 5:17:15, Jan 30th 2015 - neighbor - Harmony rocks.....had to call the cops 3 times before they came! So there ... [Read More]
- 5:15:25, Jan 30th 2015 - whatever - Agree who do these parents think they are. They just look like fools! I th ... [Read More]
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James "Russell" Sutton, 98, of Preston, died November 28, 2002 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
He was born Dec. 27, 1903, in Preston, the son of Frank and Jenny (Brady) Sutton. He worked for Merle and Klein Mercantile for a number of years. He married Lois Kemple on June 25, 1927, in Preston. In the forties, the couple acquired the Red Owl grocery store in Preston, selling the business in the 1960s. Russ then worked at the Fillmore County Court House until his retirement. Mrs. Sutton died in 1991, and Mr. Sutton became a resident at Good Samaritan. Russ was a member of the Preston Commercial Club, the Preston United Methodist Church, and the Chatfield Brass Band. He was survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Russ was preceded in death by three sisters, a brother and a half-sister. The funeral was held Dec. 2, 2002 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.