"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
- 12:15:11, Mar 25th 2015 - old farmer - Good job Gabrielle, just a couple extra thoughts. Animals deserve our w ... [Read More]
- 9:18:51, Mar 25th 2015 - luver of all thingss laft - Vikean1 dude don't blame them, take some ownership of wat ... [Read More]
- 11:34:43, Mar 24th 2015 - LOOKonTheBrightSide - Cheer up guys, you're all idiots regardless of political party ... [Read More]
- 11:27:21, Mar 24th 2015 - Jaded - Thanks for turning a teenager's journal project as a springboard for your ow ... [Read More]
- 8:41:18, Mar 24th 2015 - tootsie - I enjoyed your story about your great, great grandmothers Norwegian trunk. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James "Russell" Sutton, 98, of Preston, died November 28, 2002 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
He was born Dec. 27, 1903, in Preston, the son of Frank and Jenny (Brady) Sutton. He worked for Merle and Klein Mercantile for a number of years. He married Lois Kemple on June 25, 1927, in Preston. In the forties, the couple acquired the Red Owl grocery store in Preston, selling the business in the 1960s. Russ then worked at the Fillmore County Court House until his retirement. Mrs. Sutton died in 1991, and Mr. Sutton became a resident at Good Samaritan. Russ was a member of the Preston Commercial Club, the Preston United Methodist Church, and the Chatfield Brass Band. He was survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Russ was preceded in death by three sisters, a brother and a half-sister. The funeral was held Dec. 2, 2002 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.