"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James "Russell" Sutton, 98, of Preston, died November 28, 2002 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
He was born Dec. 27, 1903, in Preston, the son of Frank and Jenny (Brady) Sutton. He worked for Merle and Klein Mercantile for a number of years. He married Lois Kemple on June 25, 1927, in Preston. In the forties, the couple acquired the Red Owl grocery store in Preston, selling the business in the 1960s. Russ then worked at the Fillmore County Court House until his retirement. Mrs. Sutton died in 1991, and Mr. Sutton became a resident at Good Samaritan. Russ was a member of the Preston Commercial Club, the Preston United Methodist Church, and the Chatfield Brass Band. He was survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Russ was preceded in death by three sisters, a brother and a half-sister. The funeral was held Dec. 2, 2002 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.