"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 7th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
- 6:32:58, Feb 22nd 2014 - Journalreader - WOW is what i can say to this WOW. good job journal this is one heck ... [Read More]
- 2:05:11, Feb 21st 2014 - C1 - This is much worse then a hormone it is a foreign object being placed in your bo ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James "Russell" Sutton, 98, of Preston, died November 28, 2002 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
He was born Dec. 27, 1903, in Preston, the son of Frank and Jenny (Brady) Sutton. He worked for Merle and Klein Mercantile for a number of years. He married Lois Kemple on June 25, 1927, in Preston. In the forties, the couple acquired the Red Owl grocery store in Preston, selling the business in the 1960s. Russ then worked at the Fillmore County Court House until his retirement. Mrs. Sutton died in 1991, and Mr. Sutton became a resident at Good Samaritan. Russ was a member of the Preston Commercial Club, the Preston United Methodist Church, and the Chatfield Brass Band. He was survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Russ was preceded in death by three sisters, a brother and a half-sister. The funeral was held Dec. 2, 2002 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.