"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James "Russell" Sutton, 98, of Preston, died November 28, 2002 at Preston Good Samaritan Center.
He was born Dec. 27, 1903, in Preston, the son of Frank and Jenny (Brady) Sutton. He worked for Merle and Klein Mercantile for a number of years. He married Lois Kemple on June 25, 1927, in Preston. In the forties, the couple acquired the Red Owl grocery store in Preston, selling the business in the 1960s. Russ then worked at the Fillmore County Court House until his retirement. Mrs. Sutton died in 1991, and Mr. Sutton became a resident at Good Samaritan. Russ was a member of the Preston Commercial Club, the Preston United Methodist Church, and the Chatfield Brass Band. He was survived by numerous nieces and nephews. Russ was preceded in death by three sisters, a brother and a half-sister. The funeral was held Dec. 2, 2002 at Preston United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Carolyn Westlake officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.