"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Have you ever been injured while shooting off fireworks?
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Nellie E. Stroud age 92, of Rochester, formerly of Mabel died November 27, 2002 on her 72nd wedding anniversary, at the Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth in Rochester.
Nellie was born June 13, 1910 in Mabel, Minn. to Granville and Adelia (Miner) Bates. She graduated from the Mabel High School in 1928 and on November 27, 1930 married Donald L. Stroud in Mabel. They farmed near Mabel until 1956 when they moved to Rochester and operated a laundry and later added a diaper service. In 1973 they returned to Mabel where they resided until 1999 when they moved back to Rochester. Nellie and Donald started singing duets in 1927 and had continued to sing until recently. They sang for many weddings, funerals and other special occasions. She was dedicated to her church and also volunteered for many years at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. Nellie is survived by her husband Donald of Rochester; a son Dale (Mary) of Edina, Minnesota; four daughters Shirley (Orlin) Larson of Blue Earth, Minnesota, Virginia McConnell and Cynthia Stroud both of Rochester, and Barbara McCann of Almond, North Carolina; 12 grandchildren; 25 great grandchildren; 4 step great grandchildren; a brother Manville Bates of Harmony, Minnesota; four sisters Phyllis Burkholder of Mabel, Zola (Merlin) Hoiness of Harmony, Edith Wood of Noblesville, Indiana, and Helen Scheevel of Donna, Texas. She was preceded in death by a grandchild; two great grandchildren; and two brothers Ernest and Floyd. Funeral services were held Dec. 2, 2002 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.