"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Nellie E. Stroud age 92, of Rochester, formerly of Mabel died November 27, 2002 on her 72nd wedding anniversary, at the Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth in Rochester.
Nellie was born June 13, 1910 in Mabel, Minn. to Granville and Adelia (Miner) Bates. She graduated from the Mabel High School in 1928 and on November 27, 1930 married Donald L. Stroud in Mabel. They farmed near Mabel until 1956 when they moved to Rochester and operated a laundry and later added a diaper service. In 1973 they returned to Mabel where they resided until 1999 when they moved back to Rochester. Nellie and Donald started singing duets in 1927 and had continued to sing until recently. They sang for many weddings, funerals and other special occasions. She was dedicated to her church and also volunteered for many years at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. Nellie is survived by her husband Donald of Rochester; a son Dale (Mary) of Edina, Minnesota; four daughters Shirley (Orlin) Larson of Blue Earth, Minnesota, Virginia McConnell and Cynthia Stroud both of Rochester, and Barbara McCann of Almond, North Carolina; 12 grandchildren; 25 great grandchildren; 4 step great grandchildren; a brother Manville Bates of Harmony, Minnesota; four sisters Phyllis Burkholder of Mabel, Zola (Merlin) Hoiness of Harmony, Edith Wood of Noblesville, Indiana, and Helen Scheevel of Donna, Texas. She was preceded in death by a grandchild; two great grandchildren; and two brothers Ernest and Floyd. Funeral services were held Dec. 2, 2002 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.