"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, April 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - email@example.com - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Nellie E. Stroud age 92, of Rochester, formerly of Mabel died November 27, 2002 on her 72nd wedding anniversary, at the Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth in Rochester.
Nellie was born June 13, 1910 in Mabel, Minn. to Granville and Adelia (Miner) Bates. She graduated from the Mabel High School in 1928 and on November 27, 1930 married Donald L. Stroud in Mabel. They farmed near Mabel until 1956 when they moved to Rochester and operated a laundry and later added a diaper service. In 1973 they returned to Mabel where they resided until 1999 when they moved back to Rochester. Nellie and Donald started singing duets in 1927 and had continued to sing until recently. They sang for many weddings, funerals and other special occasions. She was dedicated to her church and also volunteered for many years at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. Nellie is survived by her husband Donald of Rochester; a son Dale (Mary) of Edina, Minnesota; four daughters Shirley (Orlin) Larson of Blue Earth, Minnesota, Virginia McConnell and Cynthia Stroud both of Rochester, and Barbara McCann of Almond, North Carolina; 12 grandchildren; 25 great grandchildren; 4 step great grandchildren; a brother Manville Bates of Harmony, Minnesota; four sisters Phyllis Burkholder of Mabel, Zola (Merlin) Hoiness of Harmony, Edith Wood of Noblesville, Indiana, and Helen Scheevel of Donna, Texas. She was preceded in death by a grandchild; two great grandchildren; and two brothers Ernest and Floyd. Funeral services were held Dec. 2, 2002 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.