"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Nellie E. Stroud age 92, of Rochester, formerly of Mabel died November 27, 2002 on her 72nd wedding anniversary, at the Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth in Rochester.
Nellie was born June 13, 1910 in Mabel, Minn. to Granville and Adelia (Miner) Bates. She graduated from the Mabel High School in 1928 and on November 27, 1930 married Donald L. Stroud in Mabel. They farmed near Mabel until 1956 when they moved to Rochester and operated a laundry and later added a diaper service. In 1973 they returned to Mabel where they resided until 1999 when they moved back to Rochester. Nellie and Donald started singing duets in 1927 and had continued to sing until recently. They sang for many weddings, funerals and other special occasions. She was dedicated to her church and also volunteered for many years at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. Nellie is survived by her husband Donald of Rochester; a son Dale (Mary) of Edina, Minnesota; four daughters Shirley (Orlin) Larson of Blue Earth, Minnesota, Virginia McConnell and Cynthia Stroud both of Rochester, and Barbara McCann of Almond, North Carolina; 12 grandchildren; 25 great grandchildren; 4 step great grandchildren; a brother Manville Bates of Harmony, Minnesota; four sisters Phyllis Burkholder of Mabel, Zola (Merlin) Hoiness of Harmony, Edith Wood of Noblesville, Indiana, and Helen Scheevel of Donna, Texas. She was preceded in death by a grandchild; two great grandchildren; and two brothers Ernest and Floyd. Funeral services were held Dec. 2, 2002 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.