"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Nellie E. Stroud age 92, of Rochester, formerly of Mabel died November 27, 2002 on her 72nd wedding anniversary, at the Samaritan Bethany Home on Eighth in Rochester.
Nellie was born June 13, 1910 in Mabel, Minn. to Granville and Adelia (Miner) Bates. She graduated from the Mabel High School in 1928 and on November 27, 1930 married Donald L. Stroud in Mabel. They farmed near Mabel until 1956 when they moved to Rochester and operated a laundry and later added a diaper service. In 1973 they returned to Mabel where they resided until 1999 when they moved back to Rochester. Nellie and Donald started singing duets in 1927 and had continued to sing until recently. They sang for many weddings, funerals and other special occasions. She was dedicated to her church and also volunteered for many years at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel. Nellie is survived by her husband Donald of Rochester; a son Dale (Mary) of Edina, Minnesota; four daughters Shirley (Orlin) Larson of Blue Earth, Minnesota, Virginia McConnell and Cynthia Stroud both of Rochester, and Barbara McCann of Almond, North Carolina; 12 grandchildren; 25 great grandchildren; 4 step great grandchildren; a brother Manville Bates of Harmony, Minnesota; four sisters Phyllis Burkholder of Mabel, Zola (Merlin) Hoiness of Harmony, Edith Wood of Noblesville, Indiana, and Helen Scheevel of Donna, Texas. She was preceded in death by a grandchild; two great grandchildren; and two brothers Ernest and Floyd. Funeral services were held Dec. 2, 2002 at the Mabel United Methodist Church with the Rev. Phyllis Wilcox officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Public Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.