"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 6th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:10, Feb 5th 2016 - future - @says So your recommendation is that all those who disagree with the dir ... [Read More]
- 12:01:52, Feb 5th 2016 - Okayyyy - What happened to your cousin? This is odd to say the least. ... [Read More]
- 10:38:47, Feb 5th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth Oh, horrors! Hawkeye's right wing twin has emerged from his c ... [Read More]
- 10:26:09, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, Your response is puzzling to me. In your latest posts, you have j ... [Read More]
- 11:18:59, Feb 4th 2016 - - As a school "supporter", I propose you put your money where your mouth is. Are you ... [Read More]
- 12:52:27, Feb 4th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- I believe Hawkeye63 has been to the point in his responses to ... [Read More]
- 11:03:59, Feb 4th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 You have several obnoxious flaws, Hawkeye, that make you an undes ... [Read More]
- 4:34:24, Feb 3rd 2016 - whocarez - Forget political correctness, im a Norwegian in Filmore county. I hope we ... [Read More]
- 11:57:40, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, how is my status as a commentary writer germane to the topics of ... [Read More]
- 7:00:13, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Pastor Grandal, your comments are perfectly appropriate for a minister. Ho ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald August Schmidt, 73, of Spring Valley, a retired Seneca Foods employee, died Dec. 2, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had resided six days.
He was born Aug.12, 1929, in rural Ostrander, the son of Elmer and Emma (Haag) Schmidt. He served in the Army during the Korean War. On Dec. 14, 1956, he married Bernadine G. Lange and they lived in rural Spring Valley. Mr. Schmidt worked for Libby's/Seneca Foods for 44 years before his retirement in May 1992. He also farmed and raised registered polled Hereford cattle and other animals while his daughters were active in 4-H and FFA. He enjoyed gardening and playing cards. Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Karolyn (Gary) Zwart of Spring Valley, Jerilyn (Larry Fishbaugher) Schmidt of rural Racine, Sharlene (Daniel) Aarsvold of Spring Valley and Colleen (David) Marks of rural Ostrander; nine grandchildren; one great-grandchild; a sister, Arlene (Clifford) Walker of Stewartville; and two brothers, Kenneth (Kathy) of rural Spring Valley and Roy of Cohasset, Minn. The funeral for Donald August Schmidt was Dec. 6, 2002 in Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.