"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
- 6:22:03, Jul 22nd 2015 - Let's see - And the big piles they make in middle of roads that u have to drive up an ... [Read More]
- 10:55:05, Jul 21st 2015 - BareMinimum - Maybe now side streets can get plowed! Sick of the terrible condition ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald August Schmidt, 73, of Spring Valley, a retired Seneca Foods employee, died Dec. 2, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had resided six days.
He was born Aug.12, 1929, in rural Ostrander, the son of Elmer and Emma (Haag) Schmidt. He served in the Army during the Korean War. On Dec. 14, 1956, he married Bernadine G. Lange and they lived in rural Spring Valley. Mr. Schmidt worked for Libby's/Seneca Foods for 44 years before his retirement in May 1992. He also farmed and raised registered polled Hereford cattle and other animals while his daughters were active in 4-H and FFA. He enjoyed gardening and playing cards. Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Karolyn (Gary) Zwart of Spring Valley, Jerilyn (Larry Fishbaugher) Schmidt of rural Racine, Sharlene (Daniel) Aarsvold of Spring Valley and Colleen (David) Marks of rural Ostrander; nine grandchildren; one great-grandchild; a sister, Arlene (Clifford) Walker of Stewartville; and two brothers, Kenneth (Kathy) of rural Spring Valley and Roy of Cohasset, Minn. The funeral for Donald August Schmidt was Dec. 6, 2002 in Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.