"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald August Schmidt, 73, of Spring Valley, a retired Seneca Foods employee, died Dec. 2, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had resided six days.
He was born Aug.12, 1929, in rural Ostrander, the son of Elmer and Emma (Haag) Schmidt. He served in the Army during the Korean War. On Dec. 14, 1956, he married Bernadine G. Lange and they lived in rural Spring Valley. Mr. Schmidt worked for Libby's/Seneca Foods for 44 years before his retirement in May 1992. He also farmed and raised registered polled Hereford cattle and other animals while his daughters were active in 4-H and FFA. He enjoyed gardening and playing cards. Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Karolyn (Gary) Zwart of Spring Valley, Jerilyn (Larry Fishbaugher) Schmidt of rural Racine, Sharlene (Daniel) Aarsvold of Spring Valley and Colleen (David) Marks of rural Ostrander; nine grandchildren; one great-grandchild; a sister, Arlene (Clifford) Walker of Stewartville; and two brothers, Kenneth (Kathy) of rural Spring Valley and Roy of Cohasset, Minn. The funeral for Donald August Schmidt was Dec. 6, 2002 in Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.