"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald August Schmidt, 73, of Spring Valley, a retired Seneca Foods employee, died Dec. 2, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had resided six days.
He was born Aug.12, 1929, in rural Ostrander, the son of Elmer and Emma (Haag) Schmidt. He served in the Army during the Korean War. On Dec. 14, 1956, he married Bernadine G. Lange and they lived in rural Spring Valley. Mr. Schmidt worked for Libby's/Seneca Foods for 44 years before his retirement in May 1992. He also farmed and raised registered polled Hereford cattle and other animals while his daughters were active in 4-H and FFA. He enjoyed gardening and playing cards. Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Karolyn (Gary) Zwart of Spring Valley, Jerilyn (Larry Fishbaugher) Schmidt of rural Racine, Sharlene (Daniel) Aarsvold of Spring Valley and Colleen (David) Marks of rural Ostrander; nine grandchildren; one great-grandchild; a sister, Arlene (Clifford) Walker of Stewartville; and two brothers, Kenneth (Kathy) of rural Spring Valley and Roy of Cohasset, Minn. The funeral for Donald August Schmidt was Dec. 6, 2002 in Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.