"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald August Schmidt, 73, of Spring Valley, a retired Seneca Foods employee, died Dec. 2, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had resided six days.
He was born Aug.12, 1929, in rural Ostrander, the son of Elmer and Emma (Haag) Schmidt. He served in the Army during the Korean War. On Dec. 14, 1956, he married Bernadine G. Lange and they lived in rural Spring Valley. Mr. Schmidt worked for Libby's/Seneca Foods for 44 years before his retirement in May 1992. He also farmed and raised registered polled Hereford cattle and other animals while his daughters were active in 4-H and FFA. He enjoyed gardening and playing cards. Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Karolyn (Gary) Zwart of Spring Valley, Jerilyn (Larry Fishbaugher) Schmidt of rural Racine, Sharlene (Daniel) Aarsvold of Spring Valley and Colleen (David) Marks of rural Ostrander; nine grandchildren; one great-grandchild; a sister, Arlene (Clifford) Walker of Stewartville; and two brothers, Kenneth (Kathy) of rural Spring Valley and Roy of Cohasset, Minn. The funeral for Donald August Schmidt was Dec. 6, 2002 in Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.