"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, Aug 11th 2014 - rschalow - Sign the Petition: Tell North Dakota Leaders that the oil companies aren't ... [Read More]
- 1:25:19, Aug 11th 2014 - NCLoon - Would Mr. Gudmonson please share with us where he gathered all of the data r ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Donald August Schmidt, 73, of Spring Valley, a retired Seneca Foods employee, died Dec. 2, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center where he had resided six days.
He was born Aug.12, 1929, in rural Ostrander, the son of Elmer and Emma (Haag) Schmidt. He served in the Army during the Korean War. On Dec. 14, 1956, he married Bernadine G. Lange and they lived in rural Spring Valley. Mr. Schmidt worked for Libby's/Seneca Foods for 44 years before his retirement in May 1992. He also farmed and raised registered polled Hereford cattle and other animals while his daughters were active in 4-H and FFA. He enjoyed gardening and playing cards. Survivors include his wife; four daughters, Karolyn (Gary) Zwart of Spring Valley, Jerilyn (Larry Fishbaugher) Schmidt of rural Racine, Sharlene (Daniel) Aarsvold of Spring Valley and Colleen (David) Marks of rural Ostrander; nine grandchildren; one great-grandchild; a sister, Arlene (Clifford) Walker of Stewartville; and two brothers, Kenneth (Kathy) of rural Spring Valley and Roy of Cohasset, Minn. The funeral for Donald August Schmidt was Dec. 6, 2002 in Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Kevin Woestehoff officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery with military graveside rites. Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.