"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:55:44, Aug 1st 2014 - Eagle - I agree with many of the points you have brought up. I do not consider myself ... [Read More]
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
LaVern A. Sand, age 82, a lifelong area farmer of Mabel, Minnesota, died December 1, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
LaVern was born June 28, 1920 in Fillmore County, Minnesota to Hjalmer and Sidna (Amdahl) Sand. He attended the Tawney Country School. He hauled milk and then farmed in Preble Township, Fillmore County. He lived in Harmony, Minnesota for three years before moving in 1998 to the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel where he has resided since. He was a member of the Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel and enjoyed his nieces and nephews, fishing, and his farming. LaVern is survived by two sisters LaVaughn Turner of Canton and Hazel Johnson of Harmony; two brothers Curt of Spring Grove and Harold of Mabel; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents. Funeral services were held Dec. 4, 2002 at the Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.