"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
LaVern A. Sand, age 82, a lifelong area farmer of Mabel, Minnesota, died December 1, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
LaVern was born June 28, 1920 in Fillmore County, Minnesota to Hjalmer and Sidna (Amdahl) Sand. He attended the Tawney Country School. He hauled milk and then farmed in Preble Township, Fillmore County. He lived in Harmony, Minnesota for three years before moving in 1998 to the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel where he has resided since. He was a member of the Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel and enjoyed his nieces and nephews, fishing, and his farming. LaVern is survived by two sisters LaVaughn Turner of Canton and Hazel Johnson of Harmony; two brothers Curt of Spring Grove and Harold of Mabel; and several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents. Funeral services were held Dec. 4, 2002 at the Scheie Lutheran Church in rural Mabel with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.