"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, March 8th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Audrey L. Kalin, 80, of Stephen, Minn. died Nov. 24, 2002, at the North Valley Health Center in Warren, Minn.
Audrey L. Anderson was born July 26, 1922 in Donnelly Township, Marshall County, Minn. (rural Stephen), the daughter of Oscar and Esther Lily (Koland) Anderson. She attended Donnelly Country School and graduated from Northwest School of Agriculture in Crookston, Minn. During the World War II years, she worked as timekeeper at Allis Chalmers Defense Plant in Milwaukee, Wis. and than for attorney Ira H. Burhams in Stephen. Audrey married Lloyd C. Kalin on April 7, 1955, in East Grand Forks, Minn. They made their home in rural Stephen where they farmed. They also enjoyed the summers with family and friends in their Bemidji summer home. Audrey had unconditional loyalty to family and friends and unshakable faith in humanity. She loved music, the land and the harvest, and always found time to play cards, especially pinochle. She is survived by two daughters; Kaye Smidt and Kim (Darrell) Rindy, both of Warren, Minn., one son Ken (Tammy) Kalin of Stephen, Minn.; two grandchildren; sister, Muriel Thauwald of Preston; nephews, Jeffrey and Dr. Craig Thauwald of Spring Valley and Rochester; and a niece, Holly Thauwald of Sausalito, Calif. She was preceded death by her parents, husband, brother, Earl (Johnny) Anderson, and sister Margaret LaCoe. Funeral services were held Nov. 27, 2002 at the First Lutheran Church in Stephen, Minn. Interment in Stephen Cemetery, Stephen, Minn.