"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 27th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
- 1:43:25, May 24th 2016 - Cervidae - In my husband's defense, he is the most unselfish person I know and anyon ... [Read More]
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Audrey L. Kalin, 80, of Stephen, Minn. died Nov. 24, 2002, at the North Valley Health Center in Warren, Minn.
Audrey L. Anderson was born July 26, 1922 in Donnelly Township, Marshall County, Minn. (rural Stephen), the daughter of Oscar and Esther Lily (Koland) Anderson. She attended Donnelly Country School and graduated from Northwest School of Agriculture in Crookston, Minn. During the World War II years, she worked as timekeeper at Allis Chalmers Defense Plant in Milwaukee, Wis. and than for attorney Ira H. Burhams in Stephen. Audrey married Lloyd C. Kalin on April 7, 1955, in East Grand Forks, Minn. They made their home in rural Stephen where they farmed. They also enjoyed the summers with family and friends in their Bemidji summer home. Audrey had unconditional loyalty to family and friends and unshakable faith in humanity. She loved music, the land and the harvest, and always found time to play cards, especially pinochle. She is survived by two daughters; Kaye Smidt and Kim (Darrell) Rindy, both of Warren, Minn., one son Ken (Tammy) Kalin of Stephen, Minn.; two grandchildren; sister, Muriel Thauwald of Preston; nephews, Jeffrey and Dr. Craig Thauwald of Spring Valley and Rochester; and a niece, Holly Thauwald of Sausalito, Calif. She was preceded death by her parents, husband, brother, Earl (Johnny) Anderson, and sister Margaret LaCoe. Funeral services were held Nov. 27, 2002 at the First Lutheran Church in Stephen, Minn. Interment in Stephen Cemetery, Stephen, Minn.