"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Audrey L. Kalin, 80, of Stephen, Minn. died Nov. 24, 2002, at the North Valley Health Center in Warren, Minn.
Audrey L. Anderson was born July 26, 1922 in Donnelly Township, Marshall County, Minn. (rural Stephen), the daughter of Oscar and Esther Lily (Koland) Anderson. She attended Donnelly Country School and graduated from Northwest School of Agriculture in Crookston, Minn. During the World War II years, she worked as timekeeper at Allis Chalmers Defense Plant in Milwaukee, Wis. and than for attorney Ira H. Burhams in Stephen. Audrey married Lloyd C. Kalin on April 7, 1955, in East Grand Forks, Minn. They made their home in rural Stephen where they farmed. They also enjoyed the summers with family and friends in their Bemidji summer home. Audrey had unconditional loyalty to family and friends and unshakable faith in humanity. She loved music, the land and the harvest, and always found time to play cards, especially pinochle. She is survived by two daughters; Kaye Smidt and Kim (Darrell) Rindy, both of Warren, Minn., one son Ken (Tammy) Kalin of Stephen, Minn.; two grandchildren; sister, Muriel Thauwald of Preston; nephews, Jeffrey and Dr. Craig Thauwald of Spring Valley and Rochester; and a niece, Holly Thauwald of Sausalito, Calif. She was preceded death by her parents, husband, brother, Earl (Johnny) Anderson, and sister Margaret LaCoe. Funeral services were held Nov. 27, 2002 at the First Lutheran Church in Stephen, Minn. Interment in Stephen Cemetery, Stephen, Minn.