"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arona C. Housker, age 83, of Spring Grove, formerly of Mabel, died November 29, 2002 at the Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Arona was born September 23, 1919 in Houston County, Minn. to Andrew and Cora (Stensgard) Halverson. She was baptized Nov. 2, 1919 at Highland Prairie Church, Peterson, Minn. and confirmed November 18, 1934 at South Fork Lutheran Church. On Sept. 19, 1940 she married Arthur Housker at Mabel. They farmed in Preble Township, Fillmore County until they retired and moved near Mabel. After Arthur's death in 1980 she moved to Spring Grove and recently has resided at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove. She was a member of the Scheie Lutheran Church rural Mabel and its WELCA, and enjoyed needle point and crewel.
Arona is survived by 4 brothers and 3 sisters LuWayne Halverson of Spring Grove, Caroline Gunderson of Spring Grove, Orvin (Evelyn) Halverson of Mabel, Norma (Melbourne) Dahler of Spring Grove, Cecelia (Carty) Vesterse of Spring Grove, Reuben Halverson of LaCrescent, Minn., Allan Halverson of LaCrescent; sisters-in-law Signe Housker and Hilda Housker both of Mabel; brothers-in-law Harry Housker and Robert Amunrud both of Mabel; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband; a daughter and a son who died in infancy; her parents and two brothers Herman and Ronald. Funeral services were held Dec. 3, 2002 at the Scheie Lutheran Church with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.