"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:41:24, May 29th 2015 - SV80 - Mr. Wentworth: You said, "the global warming wackos are jumping off the bandw ... [Read More]
- 7:18:59, May 29th 2015 - - June 1st 2015 hasn't happened yet. ... [Read More]
- 10:19:36, May 29th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80 and doc- I stand by what I posted earlier and reasons I gave. ... [Read More]
- 7:01:26, May 29th 2015 - doc - SV80, very good analogy comparing the cancer diagnosis to global warming. I th ... [Read More]
- 6:51:24, May 29th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Redhorsie51....you must be another one that paid no attention whil ... [Read More]
- 6:09:48, May 29th 2015 - hum - Kingslandgrad, and livinthedream always have stupid posts. Kingslandgrad doesn' ... [Read More]
- 10:10:17, May 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - EXCUSE ME............... BUSH IS AT FAULT? AND WHERE DO YOU LIVE THAT ... [Read More]
- 9:06:07, May 28th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Funny how people that actually left Harmony still expect everythin ... [Read More]
- 7:57:41, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - expat, The housing incentives that Harmony offers is nothing ne ... [Read More]
- 7:48:14, May 28th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - Play Nice, just ignore Col. Gudmundson. He has an opinion about ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arona C. Housker, age 83, of Spring Grove, formerly of Mabel, died November 29, 2002 at the Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Arona was born September 23, 1919 in Houston County, Minn. to Andrew and Cora (Stensgard) Halverson. She was baptized Nov. 2, 1919 at Highland Prairie Church, Peterson, Minn. and confirmed November 18, 1934 at South Fork Lutheran Church. On Sept. 19, 1940 she married Arthur Housker at Mabel. They farmed in Preble Township, Fillmore County until they retired and moved near Mabel. After Arthur's death in 1980 she moved to Spring Grove and recently has resided at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove. She was a member of the Scheie Lutheran Church rural Mabel and its WELCA, and enjoyed needle point and crewel.
Arona is survived by 4 brothers and 3 sisters LuWayne Halverson of Spring Grove, Caroline Gunderson of Spring Grove, Orvin (Evelyn) Halverson of Mabel, Norma (Melbourne) Dahler of Spring Grove, Cecelia (Carty) Vesterse of Spring Grove, Reuben Halverson of LaCrescent, Minn., Allan Halverson of LaCrescent; sisters-in-law Signe Housker and Hilda Housker both of Mabel; brothers-in-law Harry Housker and Robert Amunrud both of Mabel; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband; a daughter and a son who died in infancy; her parents and two brothers Herman and Ronald. Funeral services were held Dec. 3, 2002 at the Scheie Lutheran Church with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.