"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arona C. Housker, age 83, of Spring Grove, formerly of Mabel, died November 29, 2002 at the Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Arona was born September 23, 1919 in Houston County, Minn. to Andrew and Cora (Stensgard) Halverson. She was baptized Nov. 2, 1919 at Highland Prairie Church, Peterson, Minn. and confirmed November 18, 1934 at South Fork Lutheran Church. On Sept. 19, 1940 she married Arthur Housker at Mabel. They farmed in Preble Township, Fillmore County until they retired and moved near Mabel. After Arthur's death in 1980 she moved to Spring Grove and recently has resided at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove. She was a member of the Scheie Lutheran Church rural Mabel and its WELCA, and enjoyed needle point and crewel.
Arona is survived by 4 brothers and 3 sisters LuWayne Halverson of Spring Grove, Caroline Gunderson of Spring Grove, Orvin (Evelyn) Halverson of Mabel, Norma (Melbourne) Dahler of Spring Grove, Cecelia (Carty) Vesterse of Spring Grove, Reuben Halverson of LaCrescent, Minn., Allan Halverson of LaCrescent; sisters-in-law Signe Housker and Hilda Housker both of Mabel; brothers-in-law Harry Housker and Robert Amunrud both of Mabel; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband; a daughter and a son who died in infancy; her parents and two brothers Herman and Ronald. Funeral services were held Dec. 3, 2002 at the Scheie Lutheran Church with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.