"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:21:36, Nov 30th 2015 - Andy Wolter - Hey ol' neighbor! Apparently the FCJ doesn't archive your columns; I ca ... [Read More]
- 4:58:14, Nov 30th 2015 - doc - I ordered a California burger for take out. It was a really tasty burger and it ... [Read More]
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arona C. Housker, age 83, of Spring Grove, formerly of Mabel, died November 29, 2002 at the Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Arona was born September 23, 1919 in Houston County, Minn. to Andrew and Cora (Stensgard) Halverson. She was baptized Nov. 2, 1919 at Highland Prairie Church, Peterson, Minn. and confirmed November 18, 1934 at South Fork Lutheran Church. On Sept. 19, 1940 she married Arthur Housker at Mabel. They farmed in Preble Township, Fillmore County until they retired and moved near Mabel. After Arthur's death in 1980 she moved to Spring Grove and recently has resided at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove. She was a member of the Scheie Lutheran Church rural Mabel and its WELCA, and enjoyed needle point and crewel.
Arona is survived by 4 brothers and 3 sisters LuWayne Halverson of Spring Grove, Caroline Gunderson of Spring Grove, Orvin (Evelyn) Halverson of Mabel, Norma (Melbourne) Dahler of Spring Grove, Cecelia (Carty) Vesterse of Spring Grove, Reuben Halverson of LaCrescent, Minn., Allan Halverson of LaCrescent; sisters-in-law Signe Housker and Hilda Housker both of Mabel; brothers-in-law Harry Housker and Robert Amunrud both of Mabel; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband; a daughter and a son who died in infancy; her parents and two brothers Herman and Ronald. Funeral services were held Dec. 3, 2002 at the Scheie Lutheran Church with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.