"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, June 20th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:04, Jun 18th 2013 - cabraden1 - I salute you Colonel Overland. Your were my c.o. at Rockville Naval Air ... [Read More]
- 7:10:46, Jun 13th 2013 - chipperlee - Seems to be a well written article, except maybe Silica Sand is used in ... [Read More]
- 12:02:15, Jun 9th 2013 - getthefacts - The problem here lies in the fact that girls were repeatedly told "if y ... [Read More]
- 10:45:32, Jun 7th 2013 - Jo mom for 6yrs - Mr. Ehler hit the nail on the head. I agree with the religious con ... [Read More]
- 2:47:58, Jun 7th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 9:06:21, Jun 6th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 2:05:29, Jun 6th 2013 - Kim Wentworth - The number one rule in a debate: 1) if the person from the opposite si ... [Read More]
- 12:42:18, Jun 4th 2013 - EW - For someone that is always spouting religious rhetoric, you try to come off as a ... [Read More]
- 11:32:18, May 31st 2013 - JO PLAYER - This is unfair to us girls. Morrie Miller is not getting canceled but J ... [Read More]
- 8:25:34, May 29th 2013 - RP - Why is Mr. Ehler involving himself with non-school activities? Is he going after ... [Read More]
Do you think the use of all fireworks should be legal in the state of Minnesota for all consumers?
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arona C. Housker, age 83, of Spring Grove, formerly of Mabel, died November 29, 2002 at the Gundersen Lutheran Hospital in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Arona was born September 23, 1919 in Houston County, Minn. to Andrew and Cora (Stensgard) Halverson. She was baptized Nov. 2, 1919 at Highland Prairie Church, Peterson, Minn. and confirmed November 18, 1934 at South Fork Lutheran Church. On Sept. 19, 1940 she married Arthur Housker at Mabel. They farmed in Preble Township, Fillmore County until they retired and moved near Mabel. After Arthur's death in 1980 she moved to Spring Grove and recently has resided at Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove. She was a member of the Scheie Lutheran Church rural Mabel and its WELCA, and enjoyed needle point and crewel.
Arona is survived by 4 brothers and 3 sisters LuWayne Halverson of Spring Grove, Caroline Gunderson of Spring Grove, Orvin (Evelyn) Halverson of Mabel, Norma (Melbourne) Dahler of Spring Grove, Cecelia (Carty) Vesterse of Spring Grove, Reuben Halverson of LaCrescent, Minn., Allan Halverson of LaCrescent; sisters-in-law Signe Housker and Hilda Housker both of Mabel; brothers-in-law Harry Housker and Robert Amunrud both of Mabel; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband; a daughter and a son who died in infancy; her parents and two brothers Herman and Ronald. Funeral services were held Dec. 3, 2002 at the Scheie Lutheran Church with the Rev. Mary Waudby officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.