"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, May 19th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
- 2:22:20, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, how do you come up with $1.1 billion that trout fishing bri ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alvin C. Helland, 82, of Whalan, Minn. died Dec. 05, 2002, at the Preston Good Samaritan Care Center in Preston, Minn.
Alvin was born on April 26, 1920, in Highland, Minn. to Carl and Tilla (Flattum) Helland. He was raised in the Highland and Whalan area. Alvin married Helen Myer in 1939. They were later divorced. He married Mabel Odegarden in 1953. They were later divorced. Alvin married LaVelle Feine in 1972, LaVelle died in 1993. He farmed until 1946, at which time he bought and operated the Whalan Grocery Store. Alvin then was a road construction worker which he did until his retirement in the early 1980s. Alvin enjoyed hunting and raising exotic animals. He was a member of the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan and the Sons of Norway in Lanesboro, Minn. Alvin is survived by two sons: Ardell (Beverly) Helland of Edgerton, Wis. and Robert Helland of Gurnee, Ill.; one daughter, Mary Lou (Raymond) Murray of Gurnee, Ill.; 11 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and 4 great-great-grandchildren. Alvin was preceded in death by his parents, wife, two brothers, and one sister. The funeral service was Dec. 9, at the Whalan Lutheran Church with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.