"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, December 4th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alvin C. Helland, 82, of Whalan, Minn. died Dec. 05, 2002, at the Preston Good Samaritan Care Center in Preston, Minn.
Alvin was born on April 26, 1920, in Highland, Minn. to Carl and Tilla (Flattum) Helland. He was raised in the Highland and Whalan area. Alvin married Helen Myer in 1939. They were later divorced. He married Mabel Odegarden in 1953. They were later divorced. Alvin married LaVelle Feine in 1972, LaVelle died in 1993. He farmed until 1946, at which time he bought and operated the Whalan Grocery Store. Alvin then was a road construction worker which he did until his retirement in the early 1980s. Alvin enjoyed hunting and raising exotic animals. He was a member of the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan and the Sons of Norway in Lanesboro, Minn. Alvin is survived by two sons: Ardell (Beverly) Helland of Edgerton, Wis. and Robert Helland of Gurnee, Ill.; one daughter, Mary Lou (Raymond) Murray of Gurnee, Ill.; 11 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and 4 great-great-grandchildren. Alvin was preceded in death by his parents, wife, two brothers, and one sister. The funeral service was Dec. 9, at the Whalan Lutheran Church with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.