"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 11th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:41:33, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV 85, I'm still waiting for a reply! Don't tell me you decided to take ... [Read More]
- 8:27:28, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Greetings Mark, I agree with much of your analysis, but to me it's reall ... [Read More]
- 11:49:51, Dec 9th 2016 - Mark Kottman - Conservative or liberal, both sides agree that some changes are needed ... [Read More]
- 6:43:37, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Jen, you really feel that way? Why? You must feel he accomplished somethi ... [Read More]
- 6:32:12, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, It is. I''ll reserve judjement and keep watching. ... [Read More]
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alvin C. Helland, 82, of Whalan, Minn. died Dec. 05, 2002, at the Preston Good Samaritan Care Center in Preston, Minn.
Alvin was born on April 26, 1920, in Highland, Minn. to Carl and Tilla (Flattum) Helland. He was raised in the Highland and Whalan area. Alvin married Helen Myer in 1939. They were later divorced. He married Mabel Odegarden in 1953. They were later divorced. Alvin married LaVelle Feine in 1972, LaVelle died in 1993. He farmed until 1946, at which time he bought and operated the Whalan Grocery Store. Alvin then was a road construction worker which he did until his retirement in the early 1980s. Alvin enjoyed hunting and raising exotic animals. He was a member of the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan and the Sons of Norway in Lanesboro, Minn. Alvin is survived by two sons: Ardell (Beverly) Helland of Edgerton, Wis. and Robert Helland of Gurnee, Ill.; one daughter, Mary Lou (Raymond) Murray of Gurnee, Ill.; 11 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and 4 great-great-grandchildren. Alvin was preceded in death by his parents, wife, two brothers, and one sister. The funeral service was Dec. 9, at the Whalan Lutheran Church with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.