"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alvin C. Helland, 82, of Whalan, Minn. died Dec. 05, 2002, at the Preston Good Samaritan Care Center in Preston, Minn.
Alvin was born on April 26, 1920, in Highland, Minn. to Carl and Tilla (Flattum) Helland. He was raised in the Highland and Whalan area. Alvin married Helen Myer in 1939. They were later divorced. He married Mabel Odegarden in 1953. They were later divorced. Alvin married LaVelle Feine in 1972, LaVelle died in 1993. He farmed until 1946, at which time he bought and operated the Whalan Grocery Store. Alvin then was a road construction worker which he did until his retirement in the early 1980s. Alvin enjoyed hunting and raising exotic animals. He was a member of the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan and the Sons of Norway in Lanesboro, Minn. Alvin is survived by two sons: Ardell (Beverly) Helland of Edgerton, Wis. and Robert Helland of Gurnee, Ill.; one daughter, Mary Lou (Raymond) Murray of Gurnee, Ill.; 11 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and 4 great-great-grandchildren. Alvin was preceded in death by his parents, wife, two brothers, and one sister. The funeral service was Dec. 9, at the Whalan Lutheran Church with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.