"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alvin C. Helland, 82, of Whalan, Minn. died Dec. 05, 2002, at the Preston Good Samaritan Care Center in Preston, Minn.
Alvin was born on April 26, 1920, in Highland, Minn. to Carl and Tilla (Flattum) Helland. He was raised in the Highland and Whalan area. Alvin married Helen Myer in 1939. They were later divorced. He married Mabel Odegarden in 1953. They were later divorced. Alvin married LaVelle Feine in 1972, LaVelle died in 1993. He farmed until 1946, at which time he bought and operated the Whalan Grocery Store. Alvin then was a road construction worker which he did until his retirement in the early 1980s. Alvin enjoyed hunting and raising exotic animals. He was a member of the Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan and the Sons of Norway in Lanesboro, Minn. Alvin is survived by two sons: Ardell (Beverly) Helland of Edgerton, Wis. and Robert Helland of Gurnee, Ill.; one daughter, Mary Lou (Raymond) Murray of Gurnee, Ill.; 11 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren, and 4 great-great-grandchildren. Alvin was preceded in death by his parents, wife, two brothers, and one sister. The funeral service was Dec. 9, at the Whalan Lutheran Church with the Rev. Paul Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes Rushford Chapel was in charge of arrangements.